Author Topic: Guys with Harleys.... Please give me some info....  (Read 6396 times)

Offline BikerDave

• Sly Jr.
Re: Guys with Harleys.... Please give me some info....
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 10:12:37 PM »
Oh hell, I guess I should've looked at the date on your post! I reckon you have your bike by now, LOL.
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 10:25:43 PM »
Oh hell, I guess I should've looked at the date on your post! I reckon you have your bike by now, LOL.

Yeah...Mike got a sweet Road King

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=12421.0

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 11:03:02 PM »
That is a sweet looking Road King!  I'm kind of partial to the classic one, even though they've changed it so much, such as the hard case leather bags.  But the ride on the Road King is so saweettt!!  :@`  I test rode a new one a couple of weeks ago.  I may just have to get one! O0
I also tried the Street Glide trike.  I couldn't get used to the flat steering :(  But it is a sweet looking bike.  O0  I just hope I don't get to needing a 3 wheeler any time soon. 8)

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 11:13:51 PM »
Well, since I'm only dreaming, I'd get this one!

$35000.00 (Plus another $5000.00 for all the Harley clothes!)  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 07:06:04 AM »
Yah........... I actually wound up buying about a month after the original post. So I've had my RK for 11 months now. 6500 miles later I love it more than ever.

Right after that original post my wife looked at me one day and simply said, WHy do you want to wait another year. Go buy one now if you want."

Man I love that woman............... :@`
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 12:02:33 PM »
Mike, so, um, do you want more toys on it, like the cowling the glides have on them (stereo, CD, guages, etc) or do you like the more traditional bike look without all the stuff?  I'm kind of torn between the two.  Maybe I should have two bikes..!  ;)

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 05:22:28 PM »
I had a 1996 Bad Boy (special edition softail springer) and a 2002 ultra modified softtail (exposed belt drive, lowered, black with flames, incredibly loud exhaust, beach bars, massive rear wheel, short rear fender, radical cam).   In about 2004 I went to Maui and rented a Road King and fell in love with that style of bike.  Something comfortable that didn't vibrate and wasn't like riding a wild bronco (my 2nd bike).   You picked the right one! 

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 06:21:06 PM »
Mike, so, um, do you want more toys on it, like the cowling the glides have on them (stereo, CD, guages, etc) or do you like the more traditional bike look without all the stuff?  I'm kind of torn between the two.  Maybe I should have two bikes..!  ;)

I like a more traditional look though I did change out the derby cover, timing cover, and air cleaner insert. I changed them to skull covers (Love those skulls!). I also added the removable back rest and luggage rack (but I have them off most of the time). Last week I swapped out the stock turn signals for the bullet style signals (awesome). Those bullets will soon have LED bulobs in them.

No radio or music for me. I like the sounds of the road when riding.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Enter your email address: