Author Topic: have you had to redefine your range after going bald?  (Read 10436 times)

Offline magnus

• Sly Guy in Training
  • getting a buzz cut this summer!
Re: have you had to redefine your range after going bald?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 06:59:07 AM »
great story mikekoz, certainly familiar with that phenomenon. got a friend who is just like that.

but people, take it easy. i think a lot of the negative feedback here is based on a misunderstanding.

when i talk about numbers i'm not talking about looks only. a 5 or 6 or whatever may be a 7 or 8 in my book if she has charisma and projects a good personality. but then again, if she does project those qualities she is a 7-8 in everyone's book.

Offline Xanwolf1337

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 03:45:52 PM »
I would'nt say i use a scale to judge women's looks, but i do only like certain women. I could be in a room of 50 hot women and i'll only like maybe 1 or 2.

But that's just me i suppose lol.

But since last week when i went sly, i still like the same women as before, nothing has changed 8).

Offline Daigoro

• Krautmayor
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • Im Pibald Hunter! You can play the Puebeard Pirate
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »
I'm 26 and I get more love now that I'm bald.

i use to use Rogain, Topik, and lots of hats. if i couldn't hide my hair with a hat, I'd nitpick about it all day. the fact that i was losing it consumed me. now i look the same when i walk out of the house, when it rains, when i put on or take off a cap; its liberating. its such a relief to never have a bad hair day again. before, i use to wonder what my hair looked like when talking to a girl. now, i can just concentrate on the conversation. i can tell I'm more confident now.  i think what happens to us is we start obsessing about our hair when we begin to see it fall out. it gets to the point that we obsess over it, and when its finally gone we feel lost without it because its not there to worry about. with hair there use to be a lot of options to styling it, now we have only one, and were stuck with it. its tough, but you need a positive attitude. start going out of your way to find the pros to being bald. like this one: many women like men who are clean, many women like men who are macho and manly. well, a bald head is the epitome of clean for your scalp. its also manly! how many emo kids or women do you see intentionally shaving their head? being bald at least says those two things about you, and that's a great start  8)
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the night... set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life...

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 02:29:01 PM »
This is a very interesting post. I feel like I'm dating the ones that I like the most still. I think I'm wanting to approach the 10s now. In my scale, personality is taken into account too so that even if a guy looks like the David statue that Michelangelo made he could still be a 1. Actually, the system I use is a more organic system where I know them when I see them. There is no criteria ie: the guy has have a full head of hair. Hopefully, this is encouraging for those gay balding lurkers that I won't date a guy with a comber. Confidence is very sexy to me, and I think that's all you need. Guys and girls are the same, and this is something that comes across all sexual orientations.

All in all, don't redefine your range, increase your range because this will open you up to a whole over group of potential dates because your confidence is up. So I hope you have a chance to increase your confidence cause I'm sure you're a great guy and all those girls who pass you up are missing out. :)

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 03:15:26 PM »
Back in our younger and more shallow days when my friends and I were introduced to the 1-10 scale, we would see girls and say, "Yeah, she's definitely a 9" and stuff like that.

One of my friends discarded that scale and started using a binary scale: 0 and 1.

0: Wouldn't do.
1: Would do.

Haha, much simpler.

These days I don't even consider scaling women like that, it's all about personality.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 07:52:03 PM »
I disagree with you Bill, I think it's about both. Without physical attraction, the relationship is kinda dull. But if emotionally and personality wise incompatible, the relationship fails too. If one tries to sacrifice one for the other completely, you will fall flat. However, life is never black and white. For me I have a few deal breakers, but they are very few. However, I'm still picky because what if the person I'm dating comes off as very arrogant (I don't know if this happens in the straight community), then they look unattractive to me. Perhaps maybe I agree with Bill afterall. Actually I could never date a guy with a comb over, that IS a deal breaker and the date I had tonight was starting to do a comb forward.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 05:09:02 AM »
I disagree with you Bill, I think it's about both. Without physical attraction, the relationship is kinda dull. But if emotionally and personality wise incompatible, the relationship fails too. If one tries to sacrifice one for the other completely, you will fall flat. However, life is never black and white. For me I have a few deal breakers, but they are very few. However, I'm still picky because what if the person I'm dating comes off as very arrogant (I don't know if this happens in the straight community), then they look unattractive to me. Perhaps maybe I agree with Bill afterall. Actually I could never date a guy with a comb over, that IS a deal breaker and the date I had tonight was starting to do a comb forward.
I agree with you to an extent. I wouldn't go as far as saying personality is all that matters or looks is all that matters, I think that phyiscal attractiveness is a LITTLE important. However, I believe with a great personality you can find beauty in almost anyone.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline texanron

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 09:16:55 AM »
I noticed my confidence level go up once I shaved my head. That whole thinning hair thing ended up just dragging me down. The WOMEN naturally responded to my increased confidence. Now I'm happily married to a beautiful WOMAN who loves my baldness. It's best to ignore the influences of society and the shallowness of making decisions based on it.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2010, 05:02:49 PM »

You're right about lack of physical attraction making a relationship dull.  I still have standards as far as overall physique, but that's taken a backseat to personality.  A woman that can make me laugh automatically looks hotter to me.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2010, 05:51:57 PM »
Well, being married I don't "aim" for anyone but my bride of 38 years... that is unless we're talking head rubs, then I aim for the 10's!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 11:32:36 PM »
I notice I get more attention from the guys since shaving.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline InProgress

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 12:16:54 AM »
I notice I get more attention from the guys since shaving.

You've got my attention ;)

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »
I really didn't, I was married when I started shaving my head bald. Now my wife won't let me grow hair, but since she likes my bald head, I don't have to change anything. I guess my wife got sick of seeing the receding hairline and the ever growing bald spot on my head. Plus my hair is naturally curly and made the balding look more obvious I guess. I used to need hair gel, even when it was long or short, in order to comb it. Now i don't have any use for hair gel.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:24:03 PM by rcg5227 »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 07:25:34 PM »
I noticed my confidence level go up once I shaved my head. That whole thinning hair thing ended up just dragging me down. The WOMEN naturally responded to my increased confidence. Now I'm happily married to a beautiful WOMAN who loves my baldness. It's best to ignore the influences of society and the shallowness of making decisions based on it.

My wife loves my head shaven too. To a point where she won't allow me to grow hair.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---