Author Topic: HeadBlade Triples vs. Doubles  (Read 20691 times)

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
Re: HeadBlade Triples vs. Doubles
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2007, 11:56:01 AM »
Is it just me or do Blondeguy and Tyler look like Before & After... Before 30 & After a few Years of Beers  :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) [j/k] $@y
Peace

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2007, 03:54:59 PM »
Finally got my Triples in the mail today.  I'll give them a shot this weekend so that I can officially cast my vote.  (Does it even matter at this point?  The thread is old.)  Stay tuned.....

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2007, 11:15:59 AM »
Well my first impressions of the HB Triples are not that good.  It took me much longer and the whole thing felt bulky.  I know it was the first time, but I didn't get the best shave.  I'll give her a try again tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic.  I may have to switch back to the Atra Plus blades on my HB.   :(

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2007, 12:15:51 PM »
I'd say stick with it.  For some reason I don't seem to get the closest shave the first time with each blade but then it improves.  I think it's because I know its a new blade and I'm aware they are at their sharpest.  Hope it goes better for ya the second time around
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2007, 02:05:58 PM »
I'd say stick with it.  For some reason I don't seem to get the closest shave the first time with each blade but then it improves.  I think it's because I know its a new blade and I'm aware they are at their sharpest.  Hope it goes better for ya the second time around

I'll certainly give it another go.  I have too many of them not to use them.  ;D I hope it does get better.

jusbnme

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2007, 06:55:51 PM »
Well my first impressions of the HB Triples are not that good.  It took me much longer and the whole thing felt bulky.  I know it was the first time, but I didn't get the best shave.  I'll give her a try again tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic.  I may have to switch back to the Atra Plus blades on my HB.   :(

I'm with you there bro.  I've tried the trips and the doubles from HB.  I still get a closer and smoother shave using the Atras or a generic atra.  I don't know what it is about the HB blades???

Offline BaldBearsFan

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2007, 10:11:07 PM »
Huge Fan of the Headblade for the melon and powered Fusion for the face.  Also love the headlube for the head and the Fusion Gel for the face.

I guess it is all in the personal preference.

Sly and loving it!!!!!
Seek First To Understand And Then To Be Understood...

Always Think Twice...Speak Once.

Everyone Has To Eat A Little sh*t Once In Awhile, Just Remember, One Mouthful At A Time.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2007, 10:17:33 PM »
Welcome, BearsFan!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2007, 04:13:18 AM »
Huge Fan of the Headblade for the melon and powered Fusion for the face.  Also love the headlube for the head and the Fusion Gel for the face.

I guess it is all in the personal preference.

Sly and loving it!!!!!

Welcome bro.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2007, 05:41:04 AM »
Welcome Bearsfan
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2007, 07:27:09 AM »
Welcome BearsFan.

I'm with you there bro.  I've tried the trips and the doubles from HB.  I still get a closer and smoother shave using the Atras or a generic atra.  I don't know what it is about the HB blades???

I think the Triples Blades/Cartridge is just big and bulky.  I don't know if I'll shave today or not, but definitely tomorrow morning before work.  At the very least, I have to go through 10 of these things and then I'll make my decision on whether to stick with them or switch back to the Atra Plus blades.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2007, 04:12:22 PM »
Is it just me or do Blondeguy and Tyler look like Before & After... Before 30 & After a few Years of Beers  :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) [j/k] $@y

Haha!  We'll see how I look like after a few decades of beer.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2007, 11:18:09 PM »

Haha!  We'll see how I look like after a few decades of beer.

A few?  :x!

I doubt I'm even 1 decade older than you...
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2007, 12:13:24 AM »
Whoops, I meant to type "years," not "decades."  ;D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2007, 12:36:36 AM »
Whoops, I meant to type "years," not "decades."  ;D

That's more like it...   O0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.