Author Topic: HeadBlade Triples vs. Doubles  (Read 20681 times)

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
Re: HeadBlade Triples vs. Doubles
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 05:45:19 PM »
Thats definately a down side with HB Trips and Doubles, the fact that more than likely you have to pick them up off of the website and wait for them to ship  D@^^ (But as far as I go, the wait is well worth it for the HB Trips  :@`)
Peace

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 10:40:40 PM »
The triple blade that came with my Headblade was getting a little dull, so I went out and picked up the Alta double blades some of you like so much and shaved tonight.  I couldn't remember if it was easier than the first time I used the Headblade, but it was very smooth, and I didn't have to redo spots that I was redoing with the triple blade.  But yee-ouch!  I gave myself several nicks for the first time, including a bleeder on the back of my head.  I think I was used to pushing on that triple blade which was giving me more resistance.  They say not to put pressure on the blade, but I always had to put on a little to be able to run the Headblade across my head.  This time, it seemed to glide more easily.  We'll see how it goes tomorrow.  In the meantime, these nicks sting!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 10:51:43 PM by blondeguy »

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2007, 06:18:36 AM »
Wow, just used the Atra double blade in place of my regular HeadBlade triple.  NEVER AGAIN!!  I haven't had a nick or major cut since using my headblade and the triple blades. and after the double I look like I've been attacked by a machete wielding psycho.  There was absolutely nothing different in my routine other than the blades.  Definitely sticking with my triples from now on.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007, 11:02:10 AM »
Tell me about it, Paul!  I ordered some triples from Headblade, and in the meantime, I've been carefully using the Atra blade.  If I go slow and gently, I don't nick myself, but my scalp still feels rough and irritated afterward.  I think the bed-of-nails effect of having three blades distributes the pressure between them and keeps me from nicking myself.  I envy the guys who have great results with the double blade because the generic ones at the store are cheaper, but it looks like I'm a triple blade guy.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2007, 11:41:11 AM »
I used to think that shaving with the trips got me a much better shave, but I just used the Atra this week and it was very slick.  But, one of the downfall of using the Atra is that you are much more likely to nick yourself if you aren't careful.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline iBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2007, 04:28:43 PM »
I tried the tri-flexx and hated those so I went I tried my HB triple (that I used twice). Blew the tri-flexx away!!! Today I bought some Sensor doubles and it BLEW the HB Tripple away!!!

I'm 100% Sensor from here on out but I'm going to by the Sensor Triple Blades and see how they do.

jusbnme

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2007, 06:17:24 PM »
I used to think that shaving with the trips got me a much better shave, but I just used the Atra this week and it was very slick.  But, one of the downfall of using the Atra is that you are much more likely to nick yourself if you aren't careful.

I'm with you on this one bro.  I think that has been one of my main problems with the HeadBlade all along is that I have been using the Atras since I've bought it.  Except for the one time that I tried the trips and they didn't even seem to give a close shave.  Something about those Atras with me though...They can really mess my head up bad.  I thought I was on a roll for a good week or so here since I've given the HeadBlade another try but I may be going back to my Mach 3.  I keep nicking myself and getting a little irritation.  I tried the baby oil method under some of my old shaving gel the other day using a disposable "gillette double blade pivot plus" razor.  I shaved in the shower.  It was actually a very good comfortable shave.  I'm starting to wonder if it's more of the setup and technique used rather than the razor itself that will give a comfortable shave? 

The Great Baldini

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2007, 11:09:41 AM »
Hey gang!  While I'm a newbie here, I'm definitely not new to being a Sly Bald Guy, been that way for about 10 years.  I've tried every regular razor out there until I switched to the Headblade about 5 years ago.

I find that while I love the HB triples because of the comfort, they're too expensive to use daily (even though shaving daily I get about a week per blade).  Now I save them for days I want to go against the grain or for a day I know I'll shave twice in one day. 

The Atra blade are ok, but you have to be extra careful with them.  I tried the Gillette adapters at classicshaving.com thinking that I would try some double blade Sensor Excel blades I had, but they just skipped tons of areas. 

Before I potentially waste any money, are the regular Sensor blades any better? 

Any info is appreciated!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2007, 12:30:27 PM »
Welcome Baldini!!

I'm getting ready to pick up some sensor blades to try them out, so I'll let you know what I find.  I know that Cam is a big fan of them and I think there are a couple other guys as well.

If it's the cost of the blades that's holding you back from using it everyday then check the top of the page for an auction for the blades that you use, or just click on one of the auctions and then search for your blades.  You can usually get a year supply for around $50 depending on what blade you decide to buy.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2007, 12:43:07 PM »
Welcome Baldini - Dome looks great.  Stick around; this place is loaded w/ a fun group of guys and gals!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

BaldRob

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2007, 03:55:28 PM »
I think the main thing to remember here is that every head is different... some get better results with Atra, others with the Sensor, other with the HB Trips.

Personally, I use the Atra Plus blades because of all the different blades I've tried, they give the best and closest shave... and I've never nicked or cut my head with them (let's not talk ears though!  :-[)

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2007, 05:34:53 PM »
You definitely have to determine your own particular shaving needs, moreso than facial shaving.

On a related note, my HeadBlade trips arrived, and they included some sample creams and a sticker.  Nice. :)

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2007, 06:24:07 PM »
I think the main thing to remember here is that every head is different... some get better results with Atra, others with the Sensor, other with the HB Trips.

Personally, I use the Atra Plus blades because of all the different blades I've tried, they give the best and closest shave... and I've never nicked or cut my head with them (let's not talk ears though!  :-[)

Hope you just didn't jinx yourself BaldRob.

I've been using the Atra Plus blades the whole time I've been sly.  I'm still waiting on my trips from HB.  I hope they come this week.

Offline agassi

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2007, 07:17:39 PM »
i use the atra the tripple blades catch on my hear i get nicks and cuts

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2007, 08:47:59 PM »
Welcome Baldini!!

I'm getting ready to pick up some sensor blades to try them out, so I'll let you know what I find.  I know that Cam is a big fan of them and I think there are a couple other guys as well.

Yeah, I use the Sensor Excel blades and I love them. I've tried every blade that fits the headblade and those give me the best, smoothest shave by far.

That's the key right there. Finding what is right for you. Like I said, I've used every blade that fits the Headblade.. A lot of money wasted, but it was worth it to me, because I found a GREAT shave out of it.