Author Topic: AFTA pre-electric shave lotion by Mennen...neat stuff!  (Read 10669 times)

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
AFTA pre-electric shave lotion by Mennen...neat stuff!
« on: April 25, 2010, 02:41:42 AM »

I use an electric razor occasionally on my face and head and saw this stuff the other day at Wal-Mart. Curious how a lotion would help an electric razor shave, I spent the $2.12 it cost and tried it out.

Let me start by saying that when I do use the electric razor, I put talcum powder on my face or head beforehand and it definitely improves the shave and makes the razor glide much easier. I have tried William's 'Lectric Shave in the past with poor results so was a bit skeptical on trying a pre-shave lotion...

There are only a few ingredients listed on the container and the directions are simple enough- apply and let dry thoroughly before shaving.

It comes out as a lotion with a very strong scent of something akin to Mennen Skin Bracer aftershave. It dries almost immediately- and turns into a talc like powder!

The electric razor worked wonderfully with no irritation or skipping. This is also much easier and less messy to apply than talcum powder and doesn't leave a white ashy look to your face or head. The strong scent of Skin Bracer does not linger and a quick rinse with witch hazel and then my own choice of aftershave splash and the shave is done!

It's pretty neat stuff and I'd recommend it to anyone who's using the Conair CleanHead or other type of electric razor.  O0

- Eric W-

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: AFTA pre-electric shave lotion by Mennen...neat stuff!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 10:48:48 AM »
I bought a bottle at Wally's this morning based on your review. Gonna try it out this afternoon.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 11:33:12 AM »
Good deal. Let me know how you like it.  O0
- Eric W-

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 12:52:52 PM »
Thanks for the info - this sounds like a must-try!
MikeC

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 02:01:49 AM »
Good call! I also use Williams' Lectric Shave when I use the electric and I always liked it well enough. AFTA puts WLS to shame. That may be an overstatement but on first use it seems to me to be a better product. Nicer smell, too.

I like it!
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:45:33 PM »
Glad I didn't steer you wrong, buddha.  O0
- Eric W-

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »
I'd love some.. Does anyone know of a supplier in the UK?
Growing Old Disgracefully - But Bald!

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 05:49:40 PM »
Please help find me some?
Growing Old Disgracefully - But Bald!