Author Topic: should i wait  (Read 3074 times)

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
should i wait
« on: April 24, 2010, 01:36:42 AM »
Ive thought about dating, but i want to weight unitil i lose another 70 pounds, iam currently under 250, two years ago i was over 330 pounds, i plan on getting to 185 by summer of 2012, i will be 36 in 2012, but iam getting up in age, i will be 34 next month, should i wait to date until my weight loss goals are complete.
Befor i marry someone i have a too do list that everything has to be crossed off before i marry, and i want to marry someone 16-18 years younger than me, i will be 34 next month, and my future wife better like Northern Colorado,because i will never move to another area, ive moved a ton as a kid,
about 8 years ago i visted a friend in winter park colorado, decided that i loved it so i moved to the Loveland CO area, and that move is my final state to state move
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 01:47:23 AM by fcb2001 »

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
Re: should i wait
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 03:40:50 AM »
You can't "plan" how love works...the people I know who have a strict regimen when it comes to dating and marriage are still single and will be until they realize that.

As to dating now or later- I say why wait? Unless you think that losing the extra weight will make you more attractive to the super model down the street and you won't settle for less. You may be missing out on a lot of fun times with that idea.

Follow your heart and don't be afraid to take chances. If you meet someone now, go for it. It may be way too late tomorrow.

Good luck and congrats on losing weight.  O0
- Eric W-

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 07:56:30 AM »
Yeah, you can't plan love, but you can plan marriage!  :o  I have a co-worker who says he's fed up with Western women and their ways, so he's been on a website for men to find Russian women to marry  ;)
He tells me that these women in their early 20's are looking for older men who are financially established ($$$) and will treat them better than their local variety.  He also said that Ukranian women are particularly good looking!  I cautioned him about marrying someone who is possibly a "gold digger" (looking for wealth) and maybe looking for a green card.  His response on the finances is a pre-nuptual agreement and a post-nup as well.  As for the green card, he said if she's with him for 5 years and leaves him, that's a risk he is willling to take...for love?!  :Xo!  He's just a bit into himself  ::), so 5 years might be pushing it for some women. 
Oh well, to each their own. 

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 08:17:27 AM »
FCB,

O0 First of all, CONGRATS on your weight loss thus far. Losing weight is certainly NOT easy these days and any COMMITMENT followed by RESULTS is to be higly commended.

Sometimes you just have to let nature takes its course in these type of situations you speak of in your post. If you meet someone interesting along the way to while striving to reach your goals on your "to do list", you just might enjoy the company of another to help support you along the way. If you decide to kick that relationship to the curb until you achieve your goals, "it"  possibly might not be there later. It could also be that you just might meet someone who has goals of their own that they are striving to reach and you could provide each other with the support each of you need in reaching your independent goals. As you can see, there are quite a number of factors that you can filter in, but it all comes down to your priorities and when the TIMING is right for you.

Good luck in your decision!!

-Cap'n Noodles-

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 09:56:15 AM »
Dude... love will strike when it strikes. Affairs of the heart CANNOT be planned. The key is to keep your mind and your arms opened wide to embrace the opportunity when it comes.

Never ever think about the time to fall in love..... it just won't happen then. It will happen when you are happy with who you are as a man, when your quiet confidence is high, and when the time is right.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 06:37:43 PM »
Great advice Mike.  Totally agree that you can't put it on a schedule.  I have a friend who tried to do that and now he's 3 years past his "I'll find someone when I'm X years old" with nothing in the pipeline.   The key is to find someone who loves you for who you are and not how you look.  Looks change over time and someone who loves you for how you look at a specific point in time is likely to not like you as you grow older. 

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 04:06:57 AM »
Great job on the loss buddy. Im down to 301 from 329, so im on my way. Weight doesn't matter if you ask me, if you got the personality thats all you need. I guess I kinda lucked out in a way, my girlfriend wants me to GAIN weight because she likes my tummy.. anyhow thats not the point

if you want to date now I think you should go for it :)
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline magnus

• Sly Guy in Training
  • getting a buzz cut this summer!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 10:16:19 AM »
my two cents: i believe that looks-wise weight is the single most important factor. so if you're picky and want to settle down with someone that's pleasant to look at, you might want to wait. but like someone has pointed out, hard to plan these things.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 12:22:45 PM »
Dude... love will strike when it strikes. Affairs of the heart CANNOT be planned. The key is to keep your mind and your arms opened wide to embrace the opportunity when it comes.

Never ever think about the time to fall in love..... it just won't happen then. It will happen when you are happy with who you are as a man, when your quiet confidence is high, and when the time is right.
O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Enter your email address: