Author Topic: lost another 20 pounds  (Read 2464 times)

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
lost another 20 pounds
« on: April 17, 2010, 02:17:12 AM »
ive lost 80 pounds since august 24th 2008, i still need to lose another 70 pounds, wonder if i should do weight work or do it when iam done with my weight loss goals, i plan on losing all the weight by June of 2012

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: lost another 20 pounds
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 08:12:16 AM »
Very nice FCB! Post up a more recent photo of the new you. I'm pretty sure that's the only photo I've ever seen of you since I've been prowling this Forum.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 09:27:10 AM »
That's absolutely awesome, keep it up.  You may have done so before, but remind us of your diet plan--it's obviously a keeper.

On weights, that would depend on what your exercise situation is now.  I would put the emphasis on cardio, and if weights, very light, but high reps, once or twice a week going for flexibility. 

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 10:40:39 AM »
You should do resistance training (weights). Muscle burns fat faster. I am not sure what your current exercise (if any) is, so start light and check with your doctor first.

But congratulations on you 80 lb weight loss! The next 70 will be much harder, and the need for weight training will help with this.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 07:10:35 AM »
Nice Job, FBC....that's an incredible feat!!!   Adding weight training would be great...but don't change ANYTHING you've been doing so far....why fix somethin' that ain't broke  O0

Offline fcb2001

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 08:00:06 AM »
i eat light portions, i do exercise a lot, i swim twice a week about 1500 meters each swim, i rollerblade twice a week, and i walk about 50 miles a week
That's absolutely awesome, keep it up.  You may have done so before, but remind us of your diet plan--it's obviously a keeper.

On weights, that would depend on what your exercise situation is now.  I would put the emphasis on cardio, and if weights, very light, but high reps, once or twice a week going for flexibility. 

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 03:15:37 PM »
Congrats on your success!
Perhaps you should change your ticker? ???
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 10:21:51 AM »
That's awesome - congrats!  ;D

(If you wanna send some pounds my way, feel free - I wouldn't mind a little extra padding)  ;D
MikeC

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 02:32:05 PM »
That's awesome!  Way to go!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

marty22

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 03:44:39 PM »
good work! take it slow.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 04:46:36 PM »
Congratulations.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline fcb2001

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 12:42:02 AM »
its sort of wierd i still treat myself to fast food on fridays , or on thursday during lent, iam a catholic (and i do observe no meat on friday during lent, so i do grilled chesse sndwiches during lent).
my doctor told me it was ok to treat myself once a week, but during the rest of the week, i cook all my meals, a lot of chicken products, and a lot of cereal, and i bring either bring sack lunches or microwave popcorn to work.