Author Topic: BaldRob's P90X Update  (Read 23736 times)

Offline DrewH

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: BaldRob's P90X Update
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 06:04:36 PM »
Awesome.  Thanks for the heads up.

Ebay here I come.
Sly since May 21, 2010!

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 07:02:51 PM »
Drew. Try doing Power 90---which is like P90X light. But still hard, I lost weight and got pretty cut doing that.
I finally started to do P90x itself---mixing it with heavy weightlifting. I do Kenpo, plyometrics and cardiox along with my weight lifting. My wife is doing P90x Lean all out after giving birth about 8 months ago. The workouts are KICK ASS ! Love em. But they are hard and were a big adjustment for me and my weightlifter type training. 
Rob---awesome man...good for you bro. I will be doing some type of P90x mass at some point. Looking forward to it. 
Shave your head.....free your mind.

BaldRob

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 01:04:06 PM »
After a week off after finishing the Lean workout (90 days - 38 pounds lost and 4.5" off my waist), I started the Classic Version this morning!

I tell you what, I was craving a workout... and I pushed it hard today!  And it felt awesome to be back into it!  Can't wait for the results from the next 90 days...

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 01:40:04 PM »
After a week off after finishing the Lean workout (90 days - 38 pounds lost and 4.5" off my waist), I started the Classic Version this morning!

I tell you what, I was craving a workout... and I pushed it hard today!  And it felt awesome to be back into it!  Can't wait for the results from the next 90 days...

You may be in better shape, but I'm still better looking.

Congrats & continued success, bro.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 09:33:09 AM »

Rob did u try plyometrics yet ? 1st time I did it I could not finish despite being able to do all the other P90 workouts. What about you ?
Shave your head.....free your mind.

BaldRob

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 11:51:11 AM »

Rob did u try plyometrics yet ? 1st time I did it I could not finish despite being able to do all the other P90 workouts. What about you ?

I did... this past Thursday.  WOW!!!

I was able to finish it, however, I took some extra breaks along the way... that workout is a BEAST!

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 10:44:04 AM »
Rob:  Great job.  I started it last November and did it for 3 weeks before I had some personal setbacks that interrupted me.  Been trying to get going again.  Your progress is inspiring.  O0
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

BaldRob

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 02:02:29 PM »
Rob:  Great job.  I started it last November and did it for 3 weeks before I had some personal setbacks that interrupted me.  Been trying to get going again.  Your progress is inspiring.  O0

Steve... just start and keep pushing play!

Just finished day 6 of week 1... I'm definitely ready for the stretch day tomorrow!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 05:56:07 PM »
What's your diet looking like these days and how different is it from what you were eating before?

BaldRob

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 06:28:57 PM »
What's your diet looking like these days and how different is it from what you were eating before?

It's much, much better...  Lots of lean protein and veggies.  I'm a bread person so I do eat a fair amount of carbs... fat intake on a daily basis is between 10 and 20%.

From what I was eating, like pizza once or twice a week, gyros, burgers, heavy sauces, etc... I still eat that stuff, but I limit it to one "bad" eating day every 2 to 3 weeks...

BaldRob

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 06:30:30 PM »
And I still drink also... but only once a week!  Ok... sometimes twice...

Offline iangreenelee

• Howdy
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • Almost Sly
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 07:42:38 AM »
I have watched a few of the introductory videos and worry that an old, out of shape guy like me (46) would have a lot of problems starting it.  It looks like it is fine if you are 29...

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »
I have watched a few of the introductory videos and worry that an old, out of shape guy like me (46) would have a lot of problems starting it.  It looks like it is fine if you are 29...

WRONG!!

It's tough for ANYBODY.....and like ANYBODY with ANY workout program....you have to be reasonable and know yourself and your limitations or ailments.

This 48 year old made great strides with P90 and then P90X and I was out of shape, with Diabetes....

Welcome to SBG, by the way, ian  O0
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:23:48 PM by Robmeister »

BaldRob

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 12:59:33 PM »
I have watched a few of the introductory videos and worry that an old, out of shape guy like me (46) would have a lot of problems starting it.  It looks like it is fine if you are 29...

WRONG!!

It's tough for ANYBODY.....and like ANYBODY with ANY workout program....you have to be reasonable and know yourself and your limitations or ailments.

This 48 year old made great strides with P90 and then P90X and I was out of shape, with Diabetes....

Welcome to SBG, by the way, ian  O0

And I'm 42 and was definitely out of shape when I started it...

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2010, 09:40:04 PM »
keep up the good work rob. maybe we can have a celebratory drink in a couple weeks?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!