Author Topic: BBS on the CHEAP!!!!  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
BBS on the CHEAP!!!!
« on: April 17, 2010, 05:47:50 AM »
Good morning fellow SBG's.  Lately SWMBO has been groaning every time I make a shave related purchase.  She's not nagging me about it, but you can see that "not again" look in her eyes.  So last friday, I decided I was going to mix up my routine and try to find a BBS shave on the cheap.  Well this morning I found it!  I have been practicing with my once idol headblade($12) with personna pivot plus (10 for $3) all week.  I used a VDH brush ($8) and C.E. Bigalow cream ($3.50).  On my face I picked up my trusty 30's model Goodwill Open-comb and a US Personna ($2 for 10)  Did a hair conditioner pre-shave (shhhh don't tell the wife)   I did the scrub in between passes on the head like Mikeoz13 suggested.  Smoooooooth!  O0  Then I practiced my Gillette slide and a little J-hooking on my face and WOW!  Finished it up with a cold water rinse and some Prairie Creations ASB.  I'm telling you a shave like that will make you smack your MAMA!  8)  You all have a good weekend!  God Bless  ;D

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
Re: BBS on the CHEAP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 03:32:07 AM »
I'm a big fan of the Prairie Creations soap- especially the new one she has that contains lanolin. Krissy is a real nice lady to shoot the bull with, too.
- Eric W-

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
Re: BBS on the CHEAP!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 04:42:23 AM »
I actually got the after-shave in a Pass-It-Forward from another forum.  And I have to say I really like it.  When I run out, I will definitely order more. O0