Author Topic: Ward's Reviews - Palmolive Lemon Shave Cream  (Read 2675 times)

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
Ward's Reviews - Palmolive Lemon Shave Cream
« on: April 08, 2010, 10:56:03 AM »
Summer is just about here! In the search of a nice summer shave cream I purchased this on ebay for $6.50 that included free shipping.  O0

Ease of lathering: It was very easy to get a great lather with a badger hair shave brush.

Life span of lather: The lather lasted nicely through 3 passes on my dome.

Moisturizing: Good. The second ingredient listed on the product is glycerin, which is a skin moisturizer.

Lubrication: Very good! The glycerin adds to a great, smooth shave.

How protective?: VERY! Dimethicone copolyol is the first ingredient, which is a emollient.

Scent: Lemon heaven! It has a fantastic sweet lemon scent that is quite addicting.

Price: At a total of $6.50, you get 70g of this fantastic shave cream. You only need a very little squeeze of cream each shave, so this tube lasts A WHILE!

Would you buy again?: Yes! The price is right and I'll be rotating this cream even during the winter months.

I found that making a 'super lather' with Williams Shave Soap yields a luxurious shave experience, creates a complex lemon scent and conserves shave cream. A puck for a buck really can work wonders with this shave cream!

Ease of lathering - 9/10

Life span of lather - 8/10

Moisturizing - 8/10

Lubrication - 9/10

How protective? - 9/10

Scent - 10/10

Price - 9/10

Would you buy again? 10/10

Overall: 9/10

*All products reviews done by me are unbiased. I am not sponsored to promote products by any companies. My reviews are written to solely benefit the members of SlyBaldGuys.com with the latest information of products catered to guys like us. Please comment and let me know what you think.*

« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:58:53 AM by rward086 »

"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
Re: Ward's Reviews - Palmolive Lemon Shave Cream
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 11:45:46 AM »
Good deal. This is the Indian version isn't it? I use the "regular" UK version quite a bit...I love the scent. I wish I could still find some of the old USA Palmolive SC around at these mom and pop drugstores.  :(

Thanks!
- Eric W-

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 12:13:08 PM »
Good deal. This is the Indian version isn't it? I use the "regular" UK version quite a bit...I love the scent. I wish I could still find some of the old USA Palmolive SC around at these mom and pop drugstores.  :(

Thanks!

Yes, it's imported from India. I also picked up a tube of Old Spice Fresh Lime shave cream from India that I'll be doing a review on soon!
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:17:37 PM »
Nice to see you back and doing reviews Ward!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 06:23:45 AM »
Hmm.  I might have to try me some of this  ;D

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page