Author Topic: Is it time?  (Read 10214 times)

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
Re: Is it time?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 10:14:07 AM »
Btw, scars are cool. I have them all over my head. 8 stitches here, 10 there, 4 there... Buzz the "hair" you have down to at least a 2 or shave it. You will love it. The hair cut you have now isn't doing you any favors.
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline lifeinthesouth

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 11:40:56 AM »
I am back...and....I....LOVE IT. Went with a #2 tried #3 it was just to long to be sticking up for me. I may go with a #1 on my on in just a day or so.

before

AFTER

Not the best pic took with the phone but you can still see much better.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 12:00:18 PM »
Go #1 and then do it all  - -

I quote Razor - - - "Being  BALD is alot better than GOING BALD"

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 12:23:32 PM »
Much better--you can, if you want, stop by a Wal-Mart or the like and pick up a clipper w/ guards, usually #1, 2,3 & 4, for about $10-14, and take it to a #1 yourself.  And, when the day comes for you to go sly, take off all guards, clean the rest off, shower, lather and "do the deed!"  [Loads of instructions in "Shaving Your Head" board.]  It hasn't been said so far, but when you finally do put the blade to it yourself, it is such a rush, words just can't express.  You can have the barber do it, but part of this is gaining authority over your own appearance and nothing, I mean nothing, compares to the first shave--taking your time, and cleaning it off.  Wonderful, a moment you will always remember.

You are really going to like this, we promise.  And #1 feels better than #2, and Sly, well that's just the tops.  It only gets better O0.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 12:46:29 PM »
 O0 Get rid of it all. After looking at your pictures, I am convinced you will not only look better but powerful/sly without the remaining fuzz. Just try it. If, after 30 days, you're not a happy, you can always regrow what's left. Best, Prof Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 02:04:48 PM »
Wow, you were serious!

Isn't it a huge relief to have taken that first step?

Multiply that times 100 and you have an idea how liberating, empowering (and just plain cool) going 100% slick sly is.

Congratulations!

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 02:15:52 PM »
Looks good to me.  8)
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline lifeinthesouth

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 02:19:11 PM »
Wow, you were serious!

Isn't it a huge relief to have taken that first step?

Congratulations!

Huge! I didn't think I would have any problems doing it myself but I stood in front of the mirror this morning and just couldn't. So that is when I decided to go let someone else do it. Now I don't know why it was a big deal. I think doing the #1 next will be no problem. I guess I was thinking about it to much.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 02:30:01 PM »
I guess I was thinking about it to much.

Exactly, but not a big thing, almost all of us have been there in front of that mirror, doing everything we could think of to see what we'd look like.  You're really doing great.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2010, 03:15:29 PM »
Good job.  Now that you're down to a #2 and are already comfortable with it, the next step is easy.  Take it to a #1 next.  It may seem really, really short at first, but it only takes a week to grow back to where you are now.  But you'll most likely adjust to the shorter look before it does.

Polarbear

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2010, 03:17:08 PM »
Congratulations! It is already a big improvement if you ask me. Like the rest say, why don't you try it a little shorter next time. You will probably like that even more  :)

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2010, 06:42:09 PM »
AWESOME !  We all knew you can do it!  Keep buzzing it tighter.  Then no guard.  Then razor.  Sly awaits you just down the hall in the bathroom !  You will find your way !  Then surprise your wife and take her to dinner + a movie (or whatever) and proudly show off the new look next to your beautiful lady !   ---Stasiu

Offline Tennessee

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Please excuse the hat (and hair) :)
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2010, 10:44:16 PM »
It is time!!  (Can we get a balding smiley, I could really use a balding smiley here....No? How about a sly one with a shiney dome?...Oh well)     :px -----> 8)   YR*(k

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2010, 10:49:23 PM »
We seem to be on a SLY roll here...who's next to step up and off the fence?

Part of the deal is once you go for it, you become an ambassador for others!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2010, 11:59:06 PM »
A definite improvement, but take it down to a .5 or zero, and you'll really like it.  Then it's one more step to totally smooth.  Come on, you know this is where your headed, so hurry up.  And also, welcome to the site.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/