Author Topic: I bowed to the King today.......  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
I bowed to the King today.......
« on: March 19, 2010, 07:25:26 PM »
.......the Road King that is. I spent 3 1/2 hours washing, waxing, and polishing the King this evening. The Mrs. and I are going for a day trip with my HOG group tomorrow. 72 degrees and sunny tomorrow!!!!!

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: I bowed to the King today.......
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 06:27:09 AM »
      Careful out there !..   One of the guys i work with just hit a deer with his Road King ..   DOH ! ! !

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 08:24:10 AM »
I gotta move back to the east coast some where and get away from these mountains!   :Xo!  We just got a bunch of snow.  It really limits the riding season! :Xo!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 04:36:38 PM »
170 miles in the saddle today. It was a great ride... on all country roads. Just my leather with no liner, some fingerless gloves, and my new helmet. Perfect!   ........ and the Mrs. on the back of course...........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 06:39:26 PM »
and  bugs in my teeth
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 03:06:27 PM »
170 miles in the saddle today. It was a great ride... on all country roads. Just my leather with no liner, some fingerless gloves, and my new helmet. Perfect!   ........ and the Mrs. on the back of course...........

Right on, Bra!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 03:07:54 PM »
We just got a bunch of snow. 

And getting more tonight

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 07:57:01 PM »
Ah, yes!  Snow!  That fluffy (hopefully) white stuff (hopefully- no yellow!  :*)) ) that makes some of us go bump in the night, or day, depending on how fast you're moving.   :/O   C#)P
So much for global warmin..., ahem, climate change.  :D
Did you know, from where I'm standing, er...sitting, March and April are the two months where we get the most snow?  Then it all dissapears in May, with the ides of May (actually May 15th) is the supposedly last day of a hard frost- according to the Farmer's Almanac (a tried and true trusted source of metorlogical trivia and truths.   :o
It makes for a late start to the riding season!  However, some years, I've been known to ride in January and February, when the roads are often dry and free of visible moisture (ice, water, snow) and it's sunny and the temps get into the 40s and 50s (F). O0
Of course you always have to watch out for bits of sand from the sanding trucks....ahhhhhh!!! :XX
You fortunate people who live where it's warm (right now!)  My Heritage Softail is all clean and shiny; huddled in it's protective garage (shed) waiting for the next glimmer of dry pavement and a bit of sunlight (warmth for the soul).   ;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:02:54 PM by Nonick »