Author Topic: Straight Razor Shaving for your Dome  (Read 1763 times)

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
Straight Razor Shaving for your Dome
« on: March 04, 2010, 06:30:10 AM »
Fellow Sly Guys

I did it.  I actually used a straight razor, with the grain, to shave my dome.  This was a long, tedious, and rather spooky way to shave.  I had to becareful at times not to cut as it was so easy to do.   The result was the best shave one can get but it took literally forever.  Has anybody ever tried it?  How did you like it?  I won't make the straight razor an edc head shaver due to time constraints but we owe it to ourselves to just relax and enjoy shaving our moneymakers every once in a while now don't we?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 11:04:37 AM by HeadbladerBob »

God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Straight Razor Shaving for your Dome
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 06:53:54 AM »
Fellow Sly Guys

I did it.  I actually used a straight razor, with the grain, to shave my dome.  This was a long, tedious, and rather spooky way to shave.  I had to becareful at times not to cut as it was so easy to do.   The result was the best shave one can get but it took literally forever.  Has anybody ever tried it?  How did you like it?  I won't make the straight razor an edc head shaver due to time constraints but we owe it to ourselves to just relax and enjoy shaving our moneymakers every one in a while now don't we?

I'd let a master barber do it, but those straight razors give me the willies.

There's a member here from like Denmark or something that does it all the time.  He recommended practicing by lathering up a balloon and scraping it off with a straight razor.  One false move in either direction and the thing POPS!!!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 11:05:02 AM »
You're a brave man Headbladerbob, a very brave man.  The look of the straight razor, the sound against the strop, the sound against the beard (never seen it on a dome) are all evocative of my once a week trip w/ my Father to his barber for his weekly barber straight razor shave and hair cut, and my trim.  I can still smell that barbershop.  Really fine memory. 

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 12:08:58 PM »
If you take your time and   prepare your head by using hot  towels for a few minutes  - -there is nothing like a straight razor   the result is a real SLICK MELON and the feeling is wonderful - - - -I do it once  every  3 or 4 weeks

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 09:12:46 AM »
If you take your time and   prepare your head by using hot  towels for a few minutes  - -there is nothing like a straight razor   the result is a real SLICK MELON and the feeling is wonderful - - - -I do it once  every  3 or 4 weeks

you are 100% correct
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 04:21:26 PM »

Do you do it yourself, Mango?  Or have a barber do it?

Enter your email address: