Discussions About Being Bald > 30 Day Rule / Beginners Section

Hey im new around here

(1/5) > >>

fiftycrushplan:
Hey Im SGT Andrew Voll im in the us army im 23 and im starting to thin out but i am super insecure about it.  I mean my hair used to be my calling card spikey and just cool looking, im not dissing the sly look but i want to know how to accept it...

PopeyeRay:
First, welcome , Yo picked a good pae to come to for advise and support. I think many guys have gone through this type of thing where thier hair was thier calling card, and time just sort likes to take what it wants from us. But learning to accept it can be a timely thing . You might wann try a new style, something to get yourself into. I guess depending on how much thining is going on can help determin what you'll wanna do now. You can try a buzz look, or go sly all the way. But no matter what ya do, having confidence in yourself will prove to be very important.  When & if you choose to shave, treat it as re-newing yourself.  I know the other guys here will be able to maybe give more, or better advise. But I can say keep coming back, the support here is great, and many of us become friends, its a brotherhood I'd say.
 B@^

D.A.L.U.I.:

--- Quote from: fiftycrushplan on March 09, 2010, 03:35:42 AM --- im starting to thin out but ... want to know how to accept it...

--- End quote ---

Two ways, (1) embrace the genetic fact that you will be bald and get in front of it; or (2) go bald to a bozo ring hair by hair by hair.  That's it.  It's only hair. 

Teehach:
First off, I want to thank you Sargeant Voll for your service to our country.  You are appreciated more than words can express.

Now I have to tell you I am bald by choice. So I can't relate to your hair loss, but believe me there are many on this site that can relate and they are willing to give any info or advice you could ever need about your insecurities.

Where I can relate is my hair was also my "calling card".  I have really dark red hair and I used to spike it and always recieved compliments about it.

I went with the sly look because I like the look.  I made this descision on my own and didn't tell anyone I was going to do it.  Safe to say people were surprised.  I didn't ask if they liked it or not.  They will accept it or not, I'm not going to try to talk them into liking it. 

If they see your happy then the people that love you for you will be happy for you.  I have no doubt in my mind you have the confidence for this.    Fight your doubt and your confidence will prevail.

Good luck with your descision and stay safe.

Scott

fiftycrushplan:
hey appreciate it guys!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version