Poll

Politics Board - Keep It or Delete It?

Keep It
Delete It

Author Topic: Politics Board - Keep It or Delete It?  (Read 10947 times)

JohnMont

Re: Politics Board - Keep It or Delete It?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 05:28:41 PM »

I'm not sure about this one.  First of all; I didn't know there even was a politics board.  I guess if you had a particular issue you wanted to disucss; it 'd   be a good place to go.  And yeah; we have all kinds of non-bald topics; so why not politics.   And a politics board would keep most of it "in there."   

On the other hand; most political statements in other threads have come up 'on the side' ; developed naturally in the conversation.   I don't like to see free expression stiffled; and wherever there is free expression there is going to be disagreement.   It shouldn't get out out hand (though it does sometimes).  .... 

so; like I said;   i'm not sure. ...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 07:53:19 PM »
I'm going to make the final decision right now and say that the Political board will NOT be returning.  It was taken down only a couple months after the site started and the site has done well without it.  While it was here it didn't get used much at all (I think there was one topic).  Also, every advice I've ever read on having a successful forum is to keep political and religious boards off of your forum unless the forum is about religion or politics. 

If you do with to talk politics, there is a great forum that my friend runs called Trees and Things at http://www.treesandthings.com
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 11:34:05 PM »
good call tyler

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BaldRob

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 05:50:01 PM »
I second Paulie's response... good call Tyler!

Sly Bald Guy Law - No politics or religion on the boards!

Enter your email address: