Author Topic: 30 Day Rule - Video - Dealing with hair loss  (Read 108491 times)

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: 30 Day Rule - Video
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »
I'm 99% certain the HeadBlade razor comes with the yellow adapter installed, and a black adapter as an accessory. With the black adapter you can use other brands of blades - for example, I use Gillette CustomPlus3 which were recommended in another thread (complete with photos showing how to install it with the black adapter). The CustomPlus3 (and the "3" is important because there are CustomPlus blades which are not the "3") I found at Walgreens for $8 for a package of 4. There are other better deals around.

And I change blades Monday morning, so seven shaves per blade.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2012, 07:42:46 PM »
I get about a weeks worth. 7shaves. Sometimes a few more. BBC here so I'm cutting a lot of hair each morning.  Buy my blades from this site,get20%discount when using the ad li is. And it supports sbg.

Offline gunngee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
WOW !!! what a difference !!! The headblade was so much more easy and it did a way better job. 8)

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2012, 03:51:50 PM »
I agree, for me it is an awesome shaving implement. I don't see myself using anything else.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2012, 06:14:54 PM »
I wish there was a store that sold headblade products in BC. I'll have to wait a little while before we need anything across the line. It does sound a lot easier with this toy. I used the Gillette mach 3 turbo so at least it has 3 blades. This is what I used for shaving cream http://www.thebodyshop.ca/en/men-product/men-product-bath/for-men-maca-root-shave-cream.aspx

It worked quite well, it sticks quite nicely to the skin and lubricates nicely. This was for the "after shave" http://www.thebodyshop.ca/en/men-product/men-product-bath/for-men-maca-root-razor-relief.aspx
relieves any razor burn. Also works for sun burn apparently...

If you are in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland, you might try crossing into Washington and try Rite Aid in Bellingham.  I think I may have seen some HeadBlade products at Safeway.  So maybe the Safeways in BC carry them.  Check it out!

Offline gunngee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2012, 12:06:50 PM »
10 more days to go and 30 is up !!!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2012, 02:22:11 PM »
10 more days to go and 30 is up !!!
somehow I suspect that shaving the head won't stop at 30 days!

Z

Offline jx1587

• Learning the way of Sly
    • Architectural Slaughterhouse
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2012, 11:38:58 AM »
Dudes, mission accomplished. Now world got another 26 years old bald man. I really now get how criminals get in to the air with this bald style.

marty22

« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2012, 03:13:33 PM »
welcome! Looks good,,,

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2012, 03:39:38 PM »
Jx ... looks great.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2012, 05:23:52 PM »
Welcome looking good.
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2012, 06:58:31 PM »
Welcome mate!

30 down many more to go!
Lynchy

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2013, 09:29:05 PM »
I'm still working on the 30 days this time. I first shaved in the fall of 2010 but grew it back to raise money for St. Baldricks so they needed something to shave. Now that I am once again bald I will just keep it that way. 30 days don't matter bald is my new permanent perm.
Larry the bald guy

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2013, 03:27:25 PM »
I'm still working on the 30 days this time. I first shaved in the fall of 2010 but grew it back to raise money for St. Baldricks so they needed something to shave. Now that I am once again bald I will just keep it that way. 30 days don't matter bald is my new permanent perm.
Great job bro.,   Yes indeed.  But I just can't let mine grow anymore.  Love the shave and the look !   O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline guido57

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2013, 03:21:07 PM »
I'm new to the forum and the sly look, I think the 30 day rule is a great idea. I had hair halfway down my back and a foot long beard and I was tired of the time it took to keep it looking good. I've been going through some incredibly tough times the last year being a widower and one particularly tough day decided to try the smooth head thing. I've gotten only positive comments, I shaved it all off around Christmas and said screw it for a week but picked up the razor again. I won't be putting it down, it's now a daily ritual. It's my personal time, it's good for the soul!
I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to those teachers.
                                                                    ~Kahlil Gibran~

Enter your email address: