Author Topic: Acne, pits and pimple scaring?  (Read 1310 times)

Offline TheBaldAndBeautiful

• Sly Jr.
Acne, pits and pimple scaring?
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:10:11 PM »
Is there any natural method other than products like Proactiv?  I've had a bit of acne scaring for a long time.  Wouldn't mind having a clear face.

BaldRob

Re: Acne, pits and pimple scaring?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 03:58:12 PM »
You could try tea tree oil... it's often called a “medicine cabinet in a bottle” and is “effective against bacteria, fungi, and viruses and stimulates the immune system.”

1. Use a dab to treat acne.
2. An anti-fungal for treating Athlete’s Foot, eczema, various yeast infections, etc.
3. An antiseptic to be used on cuts and burns.
4. An anti-viral: it may lessen the symptoms of colds and flu. Try using a few drops in the bath.
5. Add to a vaporizer to loosen chest congestion.
6. Add a small amount to shampoo to destroy head lice.
7. A small amount added to your bath can help with persistent body odor.
8. Treating sinus infection.
9. For dandruff and dry scalp.
10. In the form of aromatherapy, tea tree oil is used to treat colds, persistent coughs, acne, toothaches, and sunburn.

Offline coyoteguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 01:23:20 PM »
I know proactive helps with acne, but I'm not sure if it helps with scaring and pits.

Keep us updated with whatever you find out

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 01:25:58 PM »
You need to consult with a qualified skin or plastic surgeon to see what can be done for your particular situation.  I believe that peels and other treatments do exist to at least minimize the effects.  For my part, having had severe acne as a teenager, my scars have faded w/ age, but age is one hell of a treatment. >:D