Author Topic: The biggest downside to being bald.  (Read 4256 times)

Offline bartman

• Sly Jr.
The biggest downside to being bald.
« on: February 10, 2010, 04:07:33 PM »
Winter. It gets cold here  (was 11 degrees last night) I get cold no matter what I wear for cloths. I have wear a hat to keep warm, that kinda defeats the purpose (at least for me) of shaving. When I ride the harley up to the mountains I have to use sunblock, but I don't see that as much of a downside thought, if I have hair I have to put sunscreen on my face anyway, so just spreading a little around the top is no big deal.

I have not hit my head on anything yet so not a downside for me, at least not yet.

I have a friend who rides, he had curtains, once he seen me shave my head a while back ago, he shaved his, he said I inspired him (he only knew me with hair). He is sly now, his wife likes it better too. He looks younger with no gray curtains.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: The biggest downside to being bald.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »
I have a flat top Harley hat that has a fleece lining. It keeps the head warm and is very cool looking.

What kind of HD do you have? '09 Road King here..... trapped in the garage by 4.5 feet of snow on the ground.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline bartman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 09:20:31 PM »
I have a flat top Harley hat that has a fleece lining. It keeps the head warm and is very cool looking.

Cool, lets see a pic. I have a harley baseball cap but it is not that warm, my nofear ski cap is what I use when it is cold

What kind of HD do you have? '09 Road King here..... trapped in the garage by 4.5 feet of snow on the ground.

I have a 99 Wide Glide among others. I rode it right before Christmas then went on vac to Lost Wages Nevada to visit family, my brother has an extra bike so I rode his Honda Rune around while I was down there. If the weather warms up I will try to sneak a ride in if the temps warm up. It was pretty warm today but I had to work.
Here is a pic that I posted in another thread

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=10827.15

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 07:41:59 PM »
Winter. It gets cold here  (was 11 degrees last night) I get cold no matter what I wear for cloths. I have wear a hat to keep warm, that kinda defeats the purpose (at least for me) of shaving. EDIT

Chicago winters taught me the answer... ...one word... ..."PARKA"...

Flip hood up, nice and warm.  As you are stepping inside the door, flip hood down for maximum "Sly Exposure".  Since the hood is attached to your collar, you don't have the added worry of keeping track of your hat.  It always follows you around.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
I did see that photo in the other thread. Beautiful for a '99!

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields