Author Topic: Daughtry - no longer sly!  (Read 20991 times)

Offline DA_Carr

• Learning the way of Sly
Daughtry - no longer sly!
« on: February 07, 2010, 06:30:05 AM »
He's decided to grow his hair out...

http://twitpic.com/10f1bj

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Daughtry - no longer sly!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 02:19:06 PM »
You can only deny the Sly life for so long...
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Justin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 01:57:48 AM »
I didnt think he had that much left lol.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 07:03:18 AM »
He looks a LOT better shaved. Someone needs to have a talk with him.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 01:13:16 PM »
He is still a great talent.  But Sly gives him more of an edge.  I thought that he had less hair than I do.  So maybe he is wanting to see how much can still grow!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 03:33:03 PM »
I didnt think he had that much left lol.

Neither did I.  When he was on Idol there were stories about him shaving due to alopecia and other stories about him having advanced MPB.

I would really hate to go back to the hassle of having hair.  If I could choose from any hairstyle at all, I'm not sure I could find one that was the right look for me.  That was a problem for me before; I could never get my hair cut exactly the way I wanted it and it's not an experience I'd really want to repeat.  If I couldn't be sly, I'd probably just maintain a very short buzz cut -- and if you're going to do that, you might as well take it all off anyway.

Offline baldjedi

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 10:28:21 PM »
Hey all---I am new here but I felt that I had to post on this topic.

Maybe this is what his hair looks like but I am suspicious that he has done something to beef up the front.

The following is the most generous (in terms of hair) picture I have seen of him.  Most others demonstrate much less hair.  If you look he has a small island of hair in the middle surrounded by a deeply receded  hairline. 

http://web10.twitpic.com/img/61167727-fabb780c4d9d88d39fd9cd8a055f1052.4b70f617-full.jpg

Yet in his most recent picture he seems to have a rounded-out front hair-line with no evidence of the receded hairline that was evident in his previous piks.  I think that he has done something to round out the front.  The question of course would be why?  Women really seem to dig him.  How does this help him?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:44:31 PM by baldjedi »

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 11:13:26 PM »
He'll be back. 

I agree with Razor -- why deal with the hassle of hair.   Plus based on my experience over the past two weeks -- women definitely like the sly look.   My daughter came home from school today and told me that one of her teachers saw me in the hallway at school and told everyone that I was hot.   She said "ewe dad my teachers think you're hot".     I didn't have the heart to tell her that her teachers comments make me feel good about my decision.

For all of you on the fence who are worried about what others will say about your shaved head -- take it from my personal experience - I haven't had a single negative comment -- and even with a $700 a month hairpiece -- I never had women come up to me and tell me that I looked hot.   

(|8-)

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 12:44:49 AM »
What's up with his eyebrows?  They look like eyeblack.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 12:46:44 PM »
They always come back...
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 12:49:41 PM »
yup Daughtry is doin' something to get his hair back...the old hairline even under the "Sly" was really getting sparse

Offline baldjedi

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 03:13:09 PM »

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 03:36:32 PM »
He's got a pretty good N/HIII going there--does he think receding hairlines are the new thing?   >:D  But, I've seen several guys who really ignore reality when it comes to the mirror image. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 03:42:07 PM »
I suspect he may have gotten one of those newer hair transplants where they transplant the hair strand by strand instead of using plugs.  I think they take hair from the chest, back and God knows where else.  But this hairline in the Twitter photo doesn't look as receded as the older ones that have been posted here.

I can sort of understand why a celebrity who was starting to lose his hair might want to have this done but I can't understand why someone who was already shaved -- and had made the look his trademark, in fact -- would want to be bothered with something like this. :/O

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 03:51:18 PM »
I think they take hair from the chest, back and God knows where else.  But this hairline in the Twitter photo doesn't look as receded as the older ones that have been posted here.
but I can't understand why someone who was already shaved -- and had made the look his trademark, in fact -- would want to be bothered with something like this. :/O

If his music career stops making big bucks he's going to have one of the strangest hairstyles out there :D, other than normal head hair, secondary hair due to puberty doesn't look that good growing out I would think.  It has a much shorter terminal length, and that terminal length varies all over the body.   And, because  mpb doesn't stop, he's in for a lot of transplanting for a really long time. 

Enter your email address: