Author Topic: Grief--10 more pre-cancerous lesions  (Read 12689 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Grief--10 more pre-cancerous lesions
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 02:49:37 PM »
I've been able to very carefully continue shaving with my trusty M5 and some KOS shave gel that lets me see where the spots are.  The only thing I have to do is apply this ointment, Aquaphor, to the eight spots twice a day--really greasy stuff.  It helps healing.  Pain is all gone, look like sh_t, and I wore an Under Armor beanie at the gym so I wouldn't grease and possibly leave something behind on the equipment or pick something else up.  I look like a fool, but I figured I could tell any combover guy who asks my latest rant about Sly being the best thing to prevent cancer in combovers.  >:D    There was one spot on my left cheek, between my eye and mouth, the lesion had bled twice when I washed my face recently.  So, I mentioned that.  Out comes the knife and the pain shot and he took a sample.  Test came back today, it's another basal cell :XX, so when I go back for my check up on the 24th, he's going to scrape that baby out.  But at least the dome is now clear or getting clear, and as my latest post on Protection for Your Bald Head is my rant that says shaving a combover is now shown to be not only a thing for appearance, it's for health too.  Hope some of those lurkers and fencers w/ combovers hear the message loud and clear ;)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »
Saintc , Iknow what your going through . In Dec. I had a melanoma cut from my ear. It looked like a freckle . I caught it in a early stage  99% cure rate. The other day Dr. took another freckle for biopsey . waiting on results. Hat and sun block in the sun thats my motto now..
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 05:09:17 PM »
  ^  Dump Limp Bizkit -- Lets see the Head behind all this valuable advice   ............... O:O
  ^
  ^
  ^
  ^

marty22

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 09:23:47 PM »
a general and personal comment here.....about 6 years ago I went to Yankees Spring Training in Tampa and noticed all these freckles and raised skin thingies all over and around my mose. I had them frozen off and it took about 3-4 years to get them all. Only 1 was borderline serious.

My motto: If it doesnt feel right or look right, see your dermatologist. It doesnt pay to let this stuff go on.  To MAGOO: You seem so young with that melanoma. ThankGod its treatable. To my pal from Louisiana: thanks God u got it early.

M

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 10:01:37 PM »
marty , I ain't so young ...67. But a friend of mine daughter had a melanoma and she was less than 20 she worked as a lifeguard at a pool.It was treated sucessfully. Caught early the succes rate is  100%.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

marty22

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 06:31:46 AM »
the avatar makes u look 29. Oh well!  LOL

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2010, 12:25:11 PM »
marty , I ain't so young ...67. But a friend of mine daughter had a melanoma and she was less than 20 she worked as a lifeguard at a pool.It was treated sucessfully. Caught early the succes rate is  100%.
You're a shade older than me, but you're definately right--skin cancers and pre-cancerous lesions can get you at any age, even children.  You have to be alert, and when in doubt--get to the skin doctor and have them checked out, bc as Magoo has correctly stated, caught early the success rate is virtually 100%.  Just don't think that youth protects you from this stuff.  A friend of mine had a melanoma that one skin doctor missed, so not only does he now do a  once a year show it all to the doctor, but he changes doctors every couple of years to make sure the doctor is really paying attention--like they generally do to a new patient. 

Offline fencer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2010, 07:14:27 PM »
Saint, I want to thank you for your insight on this and other posts that you have made on this site. You, in particular, were  one of the guys that reflects the true sly lifestyle to me. Speedy, complete recovery and once again, thank you for your posts!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2010, 07:22:01 PM »
Saint, I want to thank you for your insight on this and other posts that you have made on this site. You, in particular, were  one of the guys that reflects the true sly lifestyle to me. Speedy, complete recovery and once again, thank you for your posts!
Thanks, but it is enough that all of us remember to put on our sunscreen everyday without fail, that all the mpb lurkers who are out there remember you are not only delaying the inevitable, but are also potentially putting your health at risk [yeah, it's my newest and longest lasting rant,  I'm not letting lose of this--combovers are potentially dangerous to your health, get it???] :/O---- and finally all you guys, My Brothers, --you're a h_ll of a lot of fun.  ;D

revived

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 02:12:09 AM »
Hi Saint,
I know this is a bit of an old thread but just wanted to say glad you're all good and thanks for the education on this! I'm 22 and haven't really been taking the sunscreen thing too seriously... After reading this I've realised my head will have lots and lots of sun exposure in the years to come and I'll need to be careful!

Thanks for passing on your experience, I'm running out the door right now to stock up on suncreen! :)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 07:14:49 AM »
That's a good move Regi, there's a new one that Rob6 found, Face Saver Antiaging spf110 by Neutrogena--about $10 for a 3oz tube, it's a dry result, not greasy at all. 

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 08:52:15 AM »
Saint you're always the voice of reason on the board.   Hopefully all of the rest of us will take note of your situation and wear sunscreen.   Tans are nice - but they don't do any good when you're 6 feet under.