Author Topic: Connair CleanHead  (Read 17384 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Connair CleanHead
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 05:16:37 PM »
Don't do electric personally, but I'm more than a little happy and satisfied that a company is marketing to the Sly side--we're beginning to get some traction in the world I think, when people try to sell you stuff, they know there are a lot of you.  Go SBG O0.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:24:49 PM by saintc »

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »
I've owned one of these for about 6 months and use it every morning to remove 90% of the stubble. I Use to really get irritation on the back of my head with a razor alone. After mowing through most of the forest I get the rest with some Head Slick Shave Cream and my trusty Rolling Razor. The results are smoother than........well you know.
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline baldy2076

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 03:05:47 PM »
Two days ago ordered Clean-Head on line from Costco.
When will be in my home and in use on my head I will
post you agai. Baldy.

Offline Hysteria

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2010, 05:29:43 PM »
I read your review and decided to try it myself.  I bought one off the bay, so I was able to save a few bucks.

To be fair, I wanted to use it for awhile before I put in my 2 cents (just over 2 weeks).  For the traditionalists who have to have the cream and blade experience, its probably not for you.  For those looking for a less time consuming, less messy procedure I think you should give it a try.  Everyone's head is different, so dont get too frustrated at first.  Its only been 2 weeks for me and I absolutely love it.  When I first finish it does feel alot like a blade shave.  Although the "smooth" feeling doesnt last as long, Im still very happy with it.  No blood, no irritation, no mess. 

Overall I give it 2 thumbs up.  For the first time in a long while I was pleasantly suprised.

Offline sq

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 06:22:21 PM »
I just started using one.  I would second everything that Hysteria said.  I think its a great razor.  Quick, clean and none of the irritation I always got with shaving with a razor.

Offline PopeyeRay

• Sly.Popeye
  • Sly Jr.
  • Just da way Iam
    • Popeye Ray
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 08:17:28 PM »
does it shave skin smooth, like a razor does ?
[img width= height= alt=ImageChef Custom Images]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/100224/purcaced2d22244c87d.gif[/img]

Offline sq

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 09:54:07 AM »
does it shave skin smooth, like a razor does ?

It does but the close feel doesn't last as long.  Its a a reasonable tradeoff for me.  Razor shaving causes me enough irriation that I cannot make multiple sweeps - I can with the connair - so if I shave in the morning I end up very close all over shave which feels a little stubbly by late afternoon - I've shaved again in the evening a couple of times so I can go to bed with a smooth dome - these evening touch up shaves only took a few minutes -

stemikger

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2010, 03:25:50 AM »
Great review guys.  I just bought one yesterday and I was shocked how close it shaved me.  To be honest I wasn't shaving my head with a blade, I was using a clipper without any attachments.  However, I did use a razor on a couple of occasions and this did the exact same thing.  I didn't get any closer when I shaved with cream and a razor.

I second the opinion that the shape of this razor is fantastic.  Also, on those other occasions when I used a blade, I got so irritated it made me not want to shave for another week or so.  The Cleanhead gave me no irritation at all.  To me that was the best part.

I came across this shaver by accident at Sears.  I paid $39.00 for mine.

I only used it once, but it looks like a winner to me. 

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
Re: Conair CleanHead
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 06:20:30 PM »
For anyone interested, here's some background of Conair Corporation. It sounds like a real rags to riches story. They started out in a basement, used to have manufacturing facilities in New Jersey and Arizona, but appear to have moved everything to Taiwan and Hong Kong.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_gx5202/is_1998/ai_n19122688/

TheBBQGuy

stemikger

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 06:52:31 PM »
thanks bbqguy.  I'll check it out.

So far I give the Conair Cleanhead a 10.  I have never used electric on my head, so I was wondering if other electrics would do the job just as good.

As far as a shadow goes, I have shaved my head a few times and by mid-day I had my shadow, so for me the blade didn't make a difference.  Honestly, the Cleanhead gave me the exact results as a blade.  

However, the biggest benefit for me was no irritation and blood.  On the few occassions I shaved, I look like I was attacked by Freddy Kruger.  So, for me as look as I keep being sly, it's electric if I want to be bald or Clipper with no guard if I want to be ulta close.  Unless I lost most of my hair by nature, which at 45 hasn't happened yet so I don't see it happening, I would probably never use a blade.

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2010, 06:56:26 AM »
Finally bought one yesterday, so that I would stop abusing my Norelco face shaver whenever I didn't have time in the morning for a proper blade shave.

I used it for the first time this morning - VERY IMPRESSIVE!!  This is about as damn a smooth headshave as you're gonna get with an electric, and it took me only about half as long as a blade shave takes (not bad for the first time out!)

I won't be ditching my HeadBlade anytime soon, but the CleanHead has become my go-to for when I don't have time for the blade!
MikeC

stemikger

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 07:29:48 AM »
Posted by Craftyguy
used it for the first time this morning - VERY IMPRESSIVE!!  This is about as damn a smooth headshave as you're gonna get with an electric, and it took me only about half as long as a blade shave takes (not bad for the first time out!)

I felt the same way. Like I said, I only used a razor a few times, but from what I remember this got me just as close.  However, the biggest plus for me was not getting the irritation and bloodfest that the razor did.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2010, 11:06:30 AM »
Hey stem, I disagree with you on this. I just can't see an electric getting as close as a blade. There's just no way it's gonna happen.

That said, I do think this sounds like just the thing for when you want to get a quick shave on the run, or a clean up on the buzz. It sounds like it works great for that, as Crafty mentioned in his post.

As far as you getting irritation and cuts, you may want to use less pressure on the blade, and be sure you are using a fresh blade, as opposed to an older one or one you've used many times.

Offline Peladin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2010, 05:54:14 PM »
Guys, does anyone knows where to buy it in Canada ??

Offline sq

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2010, 05:57:27 PM »
I bought mine at London Drugs (if you have them)