Author Topic: I'm tired of having the same haircut all the time.  (Read 28767 times)

Offline Jodah777

• Sly Jr.
I'm tired of having the same haircut all the time.
« on: January 21, 2010, 11:03:03 PM »
    I am able to tolerate shaving my head simply because I have become used to it over time. However, I'd like to have the option that everybody else gets. As people grow older, their hair style changes. A hair style is a clear indicator of the type of person beneath. My shaved head says two things... 1.) I am military personnel. 2.) I am a blank mystery. Surely, I should elaborate.
    I'm tired of people asking if I'm in the military. I'm very intuitive when it comes to reading what people mean out of what they say. What they think is, "Why does he shave his head? I can't just ask him, that's rude. Maybe he's military. I'll ask if he's military, and then I'll have my answer." My answer is "No, haha, I am not." Then they look at me as if I have yet more to say, as if my answer isn't completed to the depth of their satisfaction. Then I walk away or change the subject.
    I am overflowing with multiple personalities, none of which can be expressed outwardly. If I feel like going out with friends or on a date, I can't take the time to make my hair look nice. If I feel ragged, my hair is not bedraggled. If I'm doing something formal, I can't get a handsome looking haircut. I can't play with my hair when I'm bored. I can't color it to match an outfit or how I feel. Hair talks. Mine says nothing except "military". A shaved head is not inviting. It is actually a mysterious intimidator. I have used this to my advantage a handful of times, but I like to get along with people. My shaved head tends to act as a deterrent. It makes others uneasy on an instinctual level. If I had hair, I wouldn't be such a sore thumb. Such an eyeblight.
    Sometimes people do ask me why I shave my head. I prefer honesty at all times, but it gets tiring telling the horrible awkward truth, which is... I shaved my head out of desperation in order to minimize the damage caused by the still quite obvious plague on my scalp called male pattern baldness. A plague, I might add, that I attained at 18. So I just give a sarcastic-flip-jokey response more often than not.
    I digress. I want a different hair cut. Unfortunately, the fuzzy toilet seat is forbidden by my vanity. Also forbidden is the disgusting look of sparseness on the top of the head, which simply looks sickly on anyone who is balding, yet grooms their hair as if they weren't. Does anybody have a creative solution that could possibly appear not only normal, but attractive? In addition to wanting hair, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF SHAVING MY HEAD.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I'm tired of having the same haircut all the time.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 05:07:24 AM »
Well even people that have good hair wind up with terrible haircuts all the time..... so that certainly isn't all it's made out to be.You have limited options of course:

1) Grow what you have out (which you already said is no good for you)
2) Go the drugs, plugs or rugs route....... which is digusting
3) Or continue to do the healthy and very en vogue thing and continue to shave

I don't understand what the big deal is about shaving. We all have other personal hygiene habits that we perform everyday..... teeth brushing, showering, etc.. Eventually shaving just becomes part of that routine.

If you're looking for something different to do to your head next time you go out, only shave half of it...... that will open some eyes!  :*))
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 06:39:02 AM »
Maybe you should try some facial hair, a full beard, goatee, something in between.  That could balance out what some guys find to be too much skin.  Just a thought--and you can run your fingers through your beard, spend money on shampoos, and have things to do keeping it trimmed. 

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 06:52:52 AM »
just grow it out and be balding.  You DO have a choice. :D

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 07:46:22 AM »
Maybe you have too much time on our hands.  I'm too busy to give much thought to not having a full head of hair.  It is what it is.  Sure, I would like a choice.  I would like to have a very short buzz to mix it up in the winter, but that isn't in the cards.  Try changing your focus to something more productive.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 09:29:34 AM »
Facial hair. Cool hats. Get creative with your wardrobe. Try shaving only once a week, it'll help your vanity and shaving day becomes quite fun and less of a chore.
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »
Maybe it's not your haircut that is truly bothering you, but something down deeper.  What's going on in your life that makes you want these changes?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 12:38:50 PM »
Facial hair. Cool hats. Get creative with your wardrobe. Try shaving only once a week, it'll help your vanity and shaving day becomes quite fun and less of a chore.

I agree with Cheese.

KentBaldGuy

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 12:41:14 PM »
I would suggest that you find other things to change about your appearance -  clothes,  shoes, jewellery, accessories, hats, facial hair. In fact, anything you can easily change. I would suggest turning your attention to those rather than stressing yourself about something you can't do anything about

I don't see myself as a blank mystery, I see myself as a guy who has 'bared all' and it makes me stand out from the crowd rather blend blandly into the hair-bearing crowd. I start every day with my bald head and work my appearance from there.

I also have never been accused of being in the military, but I suppose that is because the UK military don't do bald heads. It may also be something to do with my noticeable belly  :P

Have fun, and above all, don't stress yourself so much!!

Tony

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 01:21:03 PM »
 Think about the largest TATTOO  you can have done on your dome in MULTI COLOR  - - - - - I am thinking right along with you  - - -I have done it for a party (wipe off tattoo) it lasted about three days   What FUN

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 02:58:38 PM »
Sorry but if you're looking for pity you've come to wrong place.  Yes, it would be nice to be able to grow hair and have different hairstyles from time to time.  I'd also like to be taller, younger and have a faster metabolism.  We can't always have what we want; we have to do our best with what God gave us.  What's the point in agonizing over something you can't do anything about?  Count your blessings, keep your head shaved and get on with your life.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 04:47:22 PM »
Sorry but if you're looking for pity you've come to wrong place.  Yes, it would be nice to be able to grow hair and have different hairstyles from time to time.  I'd also like to be taller, younger and have a faster metabolism.  We can't always have what we want; we have to do our best with what God gave us.  What's the point in agonizing over something you can't do anything about?  Count your blessings, keep your head shaved and get on with your life.

Razor nails it!

In the words of Mick Jagger.... "You Can't Always Get What you Want"
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 07:31:24 PM »
I know you don't want to hear this, but I will say it anyway. 
Other people viewing this site maybe want to hear it.
Here it is............................ There is a lot of people out there
who would wish that the main problem in their lives was hairloss.
This is not to say that hairloss is not a big deal.  It is for many men
but there are so many people out there with so many problems that they
would love to be in your shoes.   

Maybe you need to look at the glass as half filled, as opposed to half empty.
cheers.

Offline SlyTK

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 07:40:56 PM »
My hair loss quit being an issue with me the day I got rid of those remaining remnants that were fighting the good fight.

As others have said there are a ton of other things that you can do to alter your appearance.

If your hair loss is bothering you or other people tremendously that's a huge indicator that there's probably some other things that need to be talked about and/or dealt with.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 07:47:18 PM »
our sly brutha... razorx knocks it out the ball park 4 a game winning GRAND SLAM. O0   i most especially love your last sentence:  "Count your blessings, keep your head shaved and get on with your life."  i couldn't have said it better myself.   O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Enter your email address: