Author Topic: Isn't it cold on your head?  (Read 6224 times)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Isn't it cold on your head?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 02:03:24 PM »
My solution is a Kangol!

O0

You can't beat a good Kangol.

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 09:23:31 AM »
I always wear my knitted cap in the cold.

But we are expecting a snowstorm her at the weekend, so I might have a chance to try the snowflakes on the bald head. :-)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 11:39:55 AM »
IMO if it's 10 degrees with hair it is also 10 degrees without. Hair is the illusion of warmth.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »
My solution is a Kangol!

O0

You can't beat a good Kangol.

You're right Tom... I think I just made myself want to buy a new one!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 10:32:14 PM »
IMO if it's 10 degrees with hair it is also 10 degrees without. Hair is the illusion of warmth.

That ist mostly true.
Although, I am more sensitive to any breeze when I am sly, which is really nice in the summer, because it is refreshing, but in the winter a cole breeze can be freezing ... brrrrrrrr :-)

Anyway, I would wear a knitted cap with or without hair anyways and it doesn't make a big difference.

Maybe someone should make a scientific study about it. :-)))

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 06:32:49 AM »
Having grown up in the North I guess I just don't feel the cold.  I never wear a hat unless it is sub zero and I am out for a prolonged period of time.  Of course, I don't even like temps above 70 degreees F, so I guess I am a rare exception.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 09:41:28 AM »
It's 10 degrees in Chi-town, but da dome stays bare.  In fact, it's the coolest thing in the world, when conditions are just right... STEAM rises off my bald dome in this weather!  How's that for a smokin' hot look!  LOL

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 12:54:08 AM »
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/nfl_meteorologists_warn_steaming 

Funny Onion post about steam coming off heads.  (note: it is a parady news site)
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 09:23:27 AM »
It's been much colder than average this year in the South, and I do wear my beanie a lot--below forty and out for more than 5-10 minutes, I'm slapping on the beanie.  Really have to pull it down in the morning though, it tends to "pop" off a newly shaved and slick shiny dome ;D.

Offline Some Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 02:29:23 PM »
 A hoodie is also the bald man's friend.  I like the refreshing feeling of the cold on my head but it's been single digits (central NY) and that can get painful, even dangerous.  I'm usually sporting some form of head covering indoors and out when it gets this cold.  Also not a fan of cold rain on the noggin but a bit of snow, for some reason, is more tolerable.

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 12:35:35 AM »
A hoodie is also the bald man's friend.  I like the refreshing feeling of the cold on my head but it's been single digits (central NY) and that can get painful, even dangerous.  I'm usually sporting some form of head covering indoors and out when it gets this cold.  Also not a fan of cold rain on the noggin but a bit of snow, for some reason, is more tolerable.

Wow, Someguy,

your bald head looks outstanding.
How do you do it?

Offline Some Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 08:36:48 AM »

[/quote]

Wow, Someguy,

your bald head looks outstanding.
How do you do it?
[/quote]

Thanks.  I actually had a couple of laser sessions on my noggin last year when this pic was taken (documented in the laser thread on this site).  Since then I've had some dark hair grow back and have a bit more shadow on the sides.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 09:04:14 AM by Some Guy »

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 03:25:20 PM »
well, it suits you very well.

Offline Undercover

• (Insert clever, thought provoking title here)
  • Sly Jr.
  • This used to look like a floating head...
    • How I buy stuff like headblades...
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 03:45:59 PM »
Whenever anyone asks me that I usually look them right in the eye and say "Are you sure you're Canadian?"

Those that get the joke laugh, everyone else just sort of stands there and blinks.

Isn't it a shame that stupidity isn't painful?

I guess the only drawback would be the majority of the world running around screaming in agony...
Mother nature only created so many perfect heads, the rest she covered in hair...