Author Topic: Yeti's next tattoo  (Read 76846 times)

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
Re: Yeti's next tattoo
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2007, 06:44:42 PM »
I have been adding more all the time, so hard to keep the site updated, but I will get some pics posted sometime.   Multitaskin' ~Yeti  hehe
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline slowhand

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2007, 02:44:42 PM »
That's a sweet tatoo MC! I'm totally into the celtic knotwork myself and I can't wait to see the finished product!
"there ain't nothing like exploding
if you've got something to explode" - Matt Good

Offline slowhand

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2007, 02:47:12 PM »
Oh! and Yeti you've got a serious collection happening, I'm totally impressed! :@`
I've only got one tattoo myself, but the collection will grow soon as soon as my cash flow increases.
"there ain't nothing like exploding
if you've got something to explode" - Matt Good

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2007, 12:14:37 AM »
Oh, I have more than I can honestly count now, with 1 and 1/2 sleeves and many other areas done hehe

UPDATE On Friday I am getting an awesome right thigh tat (prolly 5 hr setting with my bro Coolaid who does some of the most amazing modern day work. Here is the theme for the tattoo. I believe he is planning on adding a Japanese snake to it also. Totally always wanted this, and after research on this pic, I am stoked of his excitement and ideas...

Hannya

The hannya mask is the vengeful and jealous woman turned demon. Pointed horns, metallic eyes and teeth, and the expression all exhibit the full wrath, anger and resentment of her nature. The origins of hannya masks may have come from early snake masks but most likely the image was taken from painted hand scrolls of stories and legends of the Muromachi period. In fact one of the oldest hannya masks is dated 1558. Of course the most prominent feature is the horns. Even to this day a hand gesture of two index fingers sticking up from a man's forehead is an indication that his wife is mad at him or jealous. There are many variations of hannya masks. The coloring of the face also signifies the degree of passion in the demon's anger. For example, a more reddish color indicates strong resentment and anger and is used in such plays as Dodoji and Kurozuka, whereas a paler color would be more appropriate for Aoi-no-ue. Dodoji is the story of unrequited love between a woman and a priest of Dodoji (temple). She turns into a demonic serpent who wraps her body around the temple bell consuming it and the priest in the process.

It's gonna be sweet! hehe     ~Yeti

~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2007, 01:25:06 PM »
WOW!!! Definitely wanna see pics of that one Yeti.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2007, 03:05:02 PM »
sure will Friday night.... it will have the purplish tint from being fresh, but I will get more posted after the full heal in a week or so afterwards... I am so excited to get it. Alway's wanted a Hannya mask ever since one of my tattoo artists got on (funny, in the same spot) from Filip Leu(sp?), who is considered by many to be one of the best in the entire world, as was his father before his passing.
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2007, 06:23:41 PM »
Well it's not finished, we ran over. And this is from my phone's camera, so trust me, it does it no justice. Prolly the single most awesome tattoo I have even gotten in 200+ hrs under the gun. I will post more when it's all done and healed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 06:25:35 PM by Yeti »
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2007, 06:35:17 PM »
Wow, awesome dude, truly a one of a kind.  Your guy does sweet work
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2007, 06:37:29 PM »
you'll get to meet some of them Wednesday   8-)    Til then be safe and can;t wait to meet ya.  Semper Fi
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2007, 06:41:26 PM »
While I like the work that my guy did before (another former Jarhead) I am interested to see what your people have in the Celtic knot work. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2007, 06:46:44 PM »
You won't find much flash, barely any in Outlaw, many magazines, but they are pretty much custom work I'd say 98%, from all artists... You may see some Celtic knots in their portfolio's, otherwise drawn up for others too. They are pretty common tats.
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2007, 12:35:09 PM »
I found a Celtic knot that I liked on the site recommended by Hammer. www.luckyfishart.com It's the Celtic ring of truth, I wanna use it to go around another tat my buddy designed in memory of his brother. His looks like it is chiseled onto a piece of stone. He translated it to Celtic Ruin himself. I wanted the ring of truth around mine to set it apart just a little from his.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2007, 12:40:46 PM »
sounds cool bro! I've seen some on the stone, engraved, and they look cool. Paul will be here in a couple days and get to pick the brains of my artists for designs. Can't wait to meet em and have some fun. We had a great phone conversation the other day.  O0
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2007, 12:42:27 PM »
Forgot, your new ink looks soopa sweet Yeti. I've been wanting this tat since my buddy designed it, just haven't had the money when I needed it. Glad I waited now though, since I found that ring.

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2007, 12:49:21 PM »
Thx, I cannot tell you, 5 hrs done on Friday, about 2 1/2 to go yet... I used a brand new technique for the healing process, which I will divulge soon, since it deserves a thread of it's very own, but it's by FAR the best work on my body, 250+ hrs and 60+ tattooes not including sleeves work hehe It looks simply like a cartoon in the color aspect, Coolaid, my bro and artist who did it, is well known for his coloring. I don;t get color too often, because I have healing issues with the meds I take, BUT I am stoked to say his idea for the healing process seems to have been nothing short of an amazing success. When I get it finished I will get much better picks for you all. Paul can comment on it, when he meets me at the shop Wednesday too, for another irl look opinion hehehe.   ;)  ~Yeti
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------