Author Topic: Still on the fence?  (Read 131321 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Still on the fence?
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2015, 03:10:19 PM »
 I guess it is a state of mind. I saw 3 guys about your age at a car show yesterday, all with heads shaved bald. They were very confident, and looked great. These days, it's just another haircut choice. People care so little about your haircut choice. I still worry a little when I get together with old friends that aren't used to seeing me shaved bald. If they make a comment, it's usually just "your hair is gone". What is important is that I like it, looks and feels great. I love to go out after I do a great smooth shave, guess I'm a bit of a show off.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2015, 04:34:40 AM »
Great posts... It really is all about owning the look, it feels great when you have a really good close shave, no cuts or red bits lol... Beard is trimmed... Yeah.... Looking good ☺

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2015, 09:30:47 AM »
I'm like geeman -- when I want look my best, I make sure I've got a meticulous shave and trim.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2015, 11:05:42 AM »
You aren't being a show off at all Reddog. You are just feeling good about yourself and your great look.

Take care buddy and hope to see you again soon.

Take c=good care of that knee.

Offline ToSlyOrNotToSly

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2015, 02:29:21 PM »
Used to be Sly and a member, several years ago.  Let it grow back for no particular reason.  Don't have MPB, though getting a bald spot on the back of my head, just like my father had.  I am on the fence and when I last shaved my head, my life was in a rut.  Now in a deeper rut and I won't use my post to air personal problems or issues.  I'm on a couple of psych and men's health sites for that.

Shaving my head won't magically transform my life, but radical changes, whether physical, emotional or situational, can be the catalyst to get one off of autopilot.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2015, 07:02:51 AM »
My question to you, ToSly, would be did you like how you looked when you shaved your head? It's about how you feel shaved bald. I like how I look with my head shaved, and my morning shave process is enjoyable. Good luck with your issues, we all have them, some just more than others.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline ToSlyOrNotToSly

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2015, 12:05:15 PM »
reddog,

As I wrote, it was several years ago, but I did like it.  Friends and family(though not my wife)thought I looked very cool.  Hair is such an intrinsic part of our physical identity and even emotional identity.  Long before I shaved my head, I used to have shoulder length hair.(This was in my forties)and when I was dressed up, I looked like someone out of Hollywood.  And if I shave my head, it's not to be trendy but more of a declaration of liberation.  I once again find myself at a transitional point in my life, though my life has been storm tossed for quite a few years.

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2019, 08:46:53 AM »
reddog,

As I wrote, it was several years ago, but I did like it.  Friends and family(though not my wife)thought I looked very cool.  Hair is such an intrinsic part of our physical identity and even emotional identity.  Long before I shaved my head, I used to have shoulder length hair.(This was in my forties)and when I was dressed up, I looked like someone out of Hollywood.  And if I shave my head, it's not to be trendy but more of a declaration of liberation.  I once again find myself at a transitional point in my life, though my life has been storm tossed for quite a few years.

Thanks for your thoughtful response.
Hair or no hair, I hope things work out for ya and you find inner peace. Cheers dude.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2019, 04:20:37 PM »
I guess it is a state of mind. I saw 3 guys about your age at a car show yesterday, all with heads shaved bald. They were very confident, and looked great. These days, it's just another haircut choice. People care so little about your haircut choice. I still worry a little when I get together with old friends that aren't used to seeing me shaved bald. If they make a comment, it's usually just "your hair is gone". What is important is that I like it, looks and feels great. I love to go out after I do a great smooth shave, guess I'm a bit of a show off.
Same is true for me. I LOVE going our after a perfect shave. I love when you can't even see where the stubble begins. Kind of makes me feel clean.

Enter your email address: