Author Topic: Still on the fence?  (Read 131293 times)

Offline chaucer

• Sly Jr.
Re: Still on the fence?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 02:44:02 AM »
This is a nice post but my situation is a bit different.  I'm not balding (much).  I have a full head of  hair except for some minor recessions just above the temples.  The remainder of my head has full and reasonably dense hair.  Yet I sort of WANT to be bald.  I keep getting it cut shorter and shorter but not all the way...I can't get up the nerve for the leap.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 06:41:16 AM »
This is a nice post but my situation is a bit different.  I'm not balding (much).  I have a full head of  hair except for some minor recessions just above the temples.  The remainder of my head has full and reasonably dense hair.  Yet I sort of WANT to be bald.  I keep getting it cut shorter and shorter but not all the way...I can't get up the nerve for the leap.
Welcome, post up in introductions and tell us a little about yourself & a picture if available.

Offline baldntat05

• Sly
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 09:41:39 AM »
Very fine post.  When I first shaved I still had a thick head of hair and although the crown has balded quite a bit over the last 13 years I could easily pull of a flat or even a business man's cut.  I choose to be bald, I wanted to be bald for 12 years before I finally did it.  There is nothing that comes even close to feel of a smooth bald head. 

If you are on the fence, don't spend 12 years worrying about it like I did.  Just shave it off.  If you are like me the only regret you will have is waiting so long to shave your head.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 12:10:40 PM »
I waited two or three years wishing and wanting to be bald before I took the plunge.  I've never regretted it for a minute.  Just wish I hadnt waited three years! 8)

Offline chaucer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2010, 05:53:58 PM »
I appreciate everyone's support.

revived

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 02:27:46 AM »
To the young guys out there especially - if you're thinking you're too young to go bald, stop thinking it and shave it. I will echo what razor x said that its a great chance to reinvent yourself!

I did this 2 weeks ago and feel so good about. Never have I been so busy (apart from sitting on this website) and getting out there and just doing things. You don't need to worry about it anymore once shaving! Work on bulking up (I've never been more fit) eat well and live a good lifestyle, this is the key to confidence, happiness and success. NOT your HAIR!!! You won't believe how much time you'll have on your hands, time usually spent worrying about hair or looking in the mirror to check bald spots, or searching google for magical solutions... Shaving is the magical solution!

Also I've never had so many girls come up to rub my head, then strike up a convo about anything, this never happened with hair!  .. just do it guys! NOW! GO! STOP thinking!   :x!

Offline chaucer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2010, 05:53:14 AM »
And a small step closer.  I've been in Key West all week where I've never seen so many sly guys in one place!  There are 100s of shaved/bald guys here and  most look outstanding.  There also are even more clipper shaved guys.  Anyway, I went to a barber and had him do a skin fade with a # 1.5 top....I'm getting there, guys....slowly.

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2010, 07:19:41 AM »
chaucer,

Congrats on your new cut.
TheBBQGuy

Offline chaucer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2010, 05:43:53 PM »
Thank you...

Offline dave523

• Still not really used to being a bald dude and nose looks huge since baldness :-(
  • Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
i have been here before, trying to find a solution. Still not giving in.

Now my hair situation has developed into recess of my hairline as to where an island of hair might form in the middle of my (fornt) head. Also the crown is thinning fast since a couple of months. Question: what treatment can i still try (tried finasteride, and every hair growth shampoo out there). If i don't get something quick, the front and crown might meet. Normally i have very thick and full hair (used to).

Need something or am i destined to becoming a genuinely bald guy. Really still not for me imho!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2010, 07:17:12 AM »

Now my hair situation has developed into recess of my hairline as to where an island of hair might form in the middle of my (fornt) head. Also the crown is thinning fast since a couple of months. Question: what treatment can i still try (tried finasteride, and every hair growth shampoo out there). If i don't get something quick, the front and crown might meet. Normally i have very thick and full hair (used to).

Need something or am i destined to becoming a genuinely bald guy. Really still not for me imho!

Truly sorry that you have used drugs & hope that nothing adverse to your general health develops in the near or distant future.  Also, regret that you've been unable to accept the fact of mpb--but guys who can't fund a multi-billion dollar market for drugs, rugs and surgeries.  I hope that as you mature you'll realize your only choices are to accept the appearance of a balding man, horseshoe & all or can accept the fact, move beyond it and get control of your life.  You're wasting time, money and no small amount of your engery worrying about something that cannot change, that isn't a defect or disease.  But it can be tough, I think most of the guys here have been in front of that mirror where you are now, felt the pang of a change that was not in many cases welcome.  I also think that at some point you will embrace the life you have been provided, realize it's only hair, and that the hair time of your journey of life is over.  Good luck, God bless.

Offline Stormin Norm

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2010, 02:39:59 PM »
Howdy, I did the #1 at the barber for quite a longtime.  Then I said to myself, hmmmmmmmmmm, even though my barber is a cool dude, I have to pay him to do it.  Then I said to myself, screw it, take all of it off with an electric razor and spend the barber money on more beer and Copenhagen.lol  Gradually, it progressed to using a razor and now with Headblade.  I couldn't be happier. O0
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 02:42:04 PM by Stormin Norm »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2010, 03:17:45 PM »

We offered you advice the last time and that advice has not changed.  You need to accept the reality of your situation and do what needs to be done.

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2010, 06:27:14 PM »
I do not post often and am still a (tight) clipper, not razor, shaver.  But the reality in life is that most men become bald...it's genetic and the bald men are in the majority among all men at some point, age-wise.   For Dave253, you are not alone, you are one of many who lose their hair.  It's natural and not to be ashamed of.  All of us bald men need to stand together and be proud, be confident, be ourselves and contribute to our communities, our families and society, without regard to our hairstyle or haircut of choice.  As a group, we need to take control of our individual personal hair situations, and in doing so take control of the 'issue' that being bald is a natural state of manliness, and is to be admired.  In the end, our baldness, our haircut of choice or our hairstyle has absolutely nothing to do with our selfworth 9except positive selfworth) and value as a contributing member of society, as long as we do not allow it to dominate our self image. It's tough, I know, but we can do it, together. Let's change the world's view of baldness.

Offline chaucer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2010, 03:38:01 AM »
Well...I'm almost there....I'm going to post a pic if I can figure out how to do it!