Author Topic: Any singers?  (Read 11073 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Any singers?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 12:00:21 PM »
I'm the lead singer and harmonicist of the band  Oldbums. Check out our facebook page and type "like" i'd appreciated it. At the beginning i wore a cap, but since i shaved it all off , the spotlights bounce off my pate.

I just posted a link on the SBG Facebook page.  Hopefully it will help you get more likes.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 12:01:12 PM »
Yeah I sing and play guitar in my band The DeLoreans www.facebook.com/thedeloreans

I posted the link up on the SBG Facebook page to help you out :)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »
Thanks Tyler, you're the man. The photos up there show what my hair used to be like!

Offline Krimson

• Sly
  • Things are not always what they seem to be
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 02:27:21 PM »
thank you tyler, greatly appreciated (**!

Offline georgedepp

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 07:10:15 AM »
I sing in our church choir, praise team, and specials (solos). I've been a drummer for about 40 years and sang lead and harmony for most of those years. I would like to be part of a Barbershop Quartet, but there are none in my area.

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 08:12:02 AM »
I sing in our church choir, praise team, and specials (solos). I've been a drummer for about 40 years and sang lead and harmony for most of those years. I would like to be part of a Barbershop Quartet, but there are none in my area.

Hey George - PM me with your location, and I might be able to get you hooked up with a chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society that is close to you.

Mike
MikeC

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »

Hey George - PM me with your location, and I might be able to get you hooked up with a chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society that is close to you.

Mike

George was banned by me because if you look at his 5 posts closely you will notice that they are just copied portions of an earlier response in their respective threads. That appears to be the work of some type of SPAM-Bot to me. If you look at the earlier responses in this thread you will see that he posted EXACTlY what someone else posted previously.... same for his responses in other threads.

Bye George..... we hardly knew ya.......
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 03:23:58 PM »

Mike

George was banned by me because if you look at his 5 posts closely you will notice that they are just copied portions of an earlier response in their respective threads. That appears to be the work of some type of SPAM-Bot to me. If you look at the earlier responses in this thread you will see that he posted EXACTlY what someone else posted previously.... same for his responses in other threads.

Bye George..... we hardly knew ya.......

Well never mind then...

And good catch, Mikekoz - thanks!
MikeC

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 10:30:59 AM »
I used to sing in the church and school choirs in my (much) younger days, but now I like to write parodies (real songs with altered words) For New Year's Day I wrote this one (kinda corny)

Should bald acquaintance be forgot
And never on your mind
Should bald acquaintance be forgot
and  days of bald lang shine

For bald lang shine sly guys
For bald land shine
We'll take a cup of shaving cream
For bald land shine!!!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Slick A

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 08:12:56 PM »
I sing.  Mostly at church, but anywhere people will listen.  One of my biggest regrets is not pursuing music more when I was younger.  I passed up a vocal scholarship to a college to study business somewhere else.  Then again, I'd probably be a starving artist if I pursued it.  :)

Offline ycartt

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
Not a professional singer here but do enjoy it. If anything I wish I could play a musical instrument.

Offline Slick A

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 06:59:14 PM »
Not a professional singer here but do enjoy it. If anything I wish I could play a musical instrument.
You could make it a New Year's resolution.

Offline ycartt

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 07:07:20 PM »
Maybe

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 01:47:59 AM »
Not a singer, however back in the day, I played bass in a local band. Started in high school and then quit a couple years after college. Anyone want to guess the name?  ;)

I had some serious stage fright issues so any time we played live we kept one side of the stage completely dark and I'd do my thing, assuming (probably wrongly) that nobody could even see me there.

I did try the karaoke once. Maybe a year ago. Of course the song was Voodoo by Godsmack. The girlfriend at the time said it was good but that song and my voice together was a bit disturbing. Still not sure what that meant  ;D

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 10:58:39 AM »
I used to sing quite a bit, until my hearing went real bad.  I need to wear my two hearing aids now, but that still don't help.  It seems when certain levels are hit by either instruments or singers my ear drums feel like a cracked speaker.

So I enjoy the sounds without being involved any longer.