Author Topic: THE HEAD BLADE IS REALLY.............  (Read 8972 times)

Offline thebaboun

• Sly Jr.
THE HEAD BLADE IS REALLY.............
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:08:23 PM »
Wow ....man I was shaving for the second time, and the headblade broke ....I mean one of the two pieces that connects with the blade broke, so I cannot hook up a blade anymore!!! It is ////////...

I then shaved with a three blade razor that I bought at the Dollorama and it was WAY WAY BETTER........I thought I would share my experience. Honnestly, it WAY EASIER WITH A SIMPLE RAZOR in my opinion and it goes quicker.

I have a question by the way.....How often should I change my blade on the razor????? Every time , or every 2-3 times ?

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Re: THE HEAD BLADE IS REALLY.............
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 05:48:35 PM »
The Headblade comes with extra blade attachments.  Were you putting downward pressure on it while shaving?

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:13:26 PM »
My HeadBlade Sport is 2.5 yeasr old and still going strong.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 09:55:15 PM »
My headblade classic is 3 yrs old without issue.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 10:48:53 PM »
I use the Classic and never have had a problem, the sport well...I hate that wheel. In regards to changing the blade, use your own discretion, some guys can go a week or even a month some 3-4 shaves then it' time to change it out. Trust me if you are burning thru blades let's say with the M3 or the fusion than the I would advise going with the Headblade. I say give the HB another whirl, it might grow on you and the ease for some people you just get better shaves, just go easy and follow the period of instruction so you don't start scalping yourself.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:53:34 PM by ShadowSide »

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 11:36:22 PM »
It broke? Bummer! I guess it's possible that your unit was defective, because if you followed the instructions for using the HeadBlade, there should have been practically no pressure on the unit to cause it to break.

Contact HeadBlade and ask them about your HB breaking. They may replace it. If you get another one, try the HB process again from time to time. I would wager that, once you master the technique, you'll probably want to continue using it.

There is a bit of a learning curve with the HB however, so I'm not surprised you feel that a regular razor is easier right now. In any case, everyone is different, and has a preference for one or another product and shaving procedure. Some sly guys here prefer the old-timey single blade razor to any of the currently available bright shiny objects. Part of the fun of going sly is finding and putting together your personal headshaving kit and perfecting your very own shaving ritual.

Frequency of blade changing is different for everyone too. The blade dragging uncomfortably on the hairs, or having to pass the razor over the same area a few times could be considered clues.  ;)

8)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 11:39:21 PM by ozzie »
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 07:13:51 AM »
There's some great advice here baboun. Todd Greene and his crew at HeadBlade stand behind their product 100%. Make contact with them regarding your issue. They will make it right. Then like ozzie says, there is a bit of a learning cure. No one is used to pushing a blade across their head at first. Give the HB a try again. It is by far the best razor designed specifically for head shaving. I've been using it for over 2 years now. But the key is to find what works "best for you".

As far as replacing blades, it really is personal preference. I change the blades on my HB every Monday morning whether I think I can get one more shave out of them or not. I have tried that too. Thinking, "I can get get one more shave out of these" and I always end up with burn or dragging. So every week it is for me.
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:23:11 AM »
I have only had a couple adapters since I first got my headblade.

#1 - Broke when I dropped the HB in the shower
#2 - Broke when putting the adapter on the "faceblade" prototype
#3 - Broke same as #1

Offline Ta2Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Guy in Training
    • ta2guy.org
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 05:13:04 PM »
THE HEAD BLADE IS REALLY............. a defective design. I cut myself more in one shave attempt than I ever did in forty-something years of shaving. And if I put any less pressure on it, then the shaving cream would have remained undisturbed.

The headblade should come with a box of band aids and a coupon for a free pint of blood.

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 06:13:59 PM »
I have cut my self a time or two with the Headblade Sport, but I attributed it to going too fast,  but to answer the question,  I haven't ever broke it and have been using it for just over a year.  I'll go through a double blade CVS Atra knockoff blade about once a week, but could probably go longer. 

I do have a question, what other razor can the Atra blades be used with?  Not Fusion, or MACH 3, not Venus,  Not Shick Quatro,  so which ones?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 07:35:07 AM »
I LOVE MY HEADBLADE!!!

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 11:37:44 AM »
I will try the headblade   sounds like it is the best

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 11:58:43 AM »
If you cut yourself with the HeadBlade it could be due to the blades that are on it.  Try switching to Gillette Sensor blades as they are more forgiving.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
What does that mean? "Forgiving"?  That the 2 bladed CVS ATRA blades are inferior?    The headblade comes with two adapters,  which one for the ones that you're recommending?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 02:22:26 PM »
What does that mean? "Forgiving"?  That the 2 bladed CVS ATRA blades are inferior?    The headblade comes with two adapters,  which one for the ones that you're recommending?

Myself and others have found that the Gillette Sensor blades are angled slightly different than the Atra baldes and are a bit more flexible, thus are more forgiving.  The "black" sensor type adapter (shown below) is the one that you'll want. 

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.