Author Topic: Fusion Blades on eBay  (Read 48341 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Fusion Blades on eBay
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007, 09:30:16 AM »
Have you got a good deal on eBay?  If so, what's the best deal you've gotten?

I recently got 32 Fusion blades for $49 + shipping = $57.  $1.78 per cartridge.

Hey Tyler, I know this post was made awhile ago but I just had to comment on this.

I pay 26.00 Aust dollars for just 6 fusion blades here and that is THE cheapest that I can find them.

Does one need to be a member of Ebay in order to get these cheap blade prices?

jdog.... wazzup, man.  yeah... u need 2 b a member of ebay but registration is FREE.  i get my regular fusion blades on ebay all the time.  i save $$$ as supposed 2 buying it at local dept. stores.  ebay rocks!!!

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 11:45:16 AM »
You may also need a PayPal account, but check on that first.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

shakf

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2007, 01:16:04 AM »
I don't trust Fusion blades on ebay. I bought some used them twice on my face and the lubrastrip has come off. I think these blades are fake must have been stung because it feels like I'm dragging a blunt instrument.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2007, 02:56:17 AM »
I don't trust Fusion blades on ebay. I bought some used them twice on my face and the lubrastrip has come off. I think these blades are fake must have been stung because it feels like I'm dragging a blunt instrument.

I'm not a big fan of the Fusion now.  I bought blades from eBay and thought the same thing.  Then I bought some at Walgreens to compare.  They both sucked!  I know there are fans of the Fusion here, so this is really my own personal rant.  I only use it on my face, but I have found that I get a better shave with Sensor Excel blades than I do the Fusion.  It's too bad because I really like the blade on the end of it, but the other blades just don't give me a good shave.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

shakf

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 02:04:28 AM »
I shaved with the fusion yesterday on both my face and head and used 2 cartridges they sucked!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 02:42:43 PM »
Only one week, but I changed the Fusion Power blade anyway.  One blade, one week--stayed sharp, great shave--so what's to gripe about.  Now one week is no final decision by far, but the blade was better than the Headblade and the supplied cartridge but I'm going to try some others.  As for costs, at one week sly, I still remember the cost of the barber, no matter how nice a guy, charged a lot more than I can concievably use in blades, cream, etc. at $30 a visit, times 10 to 12 visits a year, $300-$360.  I'll just buy at a "reasonable" local supplier.  I'm still ahead on the dollars and Sly to boot!

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2007, 08:43:08 PM »
i bought 48 mach3 blades off ebay about a month ago for $30.  they arrived and the packaging was perfect.  however, one swipe at my head with the blade and i realized it was a cheap knockoff.  the blade was, like shakf said, like dragging a shovel over my head.  the lubrastrip (?) was nothing more than paint and just disappeared after four passes under the hot water.  upon further inspection, i noticed there was no 'gillette' brand stamp on the cartridge (you can see it on your real ones, on the back of it where it attaches to the handle), and the serial number was different from the real ones i had.  i e-mailed the guy (not so nicely) telling him these were fakes and they cut my head all up, and demanded my money back.  he complied instantly and apologized, but i could tell he knew they were fake and was just going to re-sell them.  what gets me is his seller rating is immaculate, near 100%, all his feedback is like 'A+++ #1 seller!!' and all that jazz.  what gives?  either these people are all submitting feedback before using the blades, or they're just not noticing that they're of horrible quality, which i can't believe.  i mean, we've all used cheap razors, on our heads and our faces, and we KNOW when it's a cheap razor, right?  i don't understand. 
  anyway, a little internet research led me to a chinese wholesaler who sells the blades for around 25 cents per blade, but you have to buy in bulk, like 400 packs minimum.  my guess is these are lesser-quality gillette-sanctioned blades being sold in second-world countries where the costs don't justify the returns the american market dictates, but the brand still has immense selling power. 
  i realize every time i post here i make it a froggin novel, but i don't want anybody to get screwed over.  i was lucky to get my money back.  i don't know how there's a way to tell online if the blades are real or not.  if i ever buy online again, i'm going to ask the seller if the blades are knockoffs, and then if the gillette stamp is on the razors.  best of luck to you all.

Offline j_the_p

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2008, 10:59:53 AM »
i bought 48 mach3 blades off ebay about a month ago for $30.  they arrived and the packaging was perfect.  however, one swipe at my head with the blade and i realized it was a cheap knockoff.  the blade was, like shakf said, like dragging a shovel over my head.  the lubrastrip (?) was nothing more than paint and just disappeared after four passes under the hot water.  upon further inspection, i noticed there was no 'gillette' brand stamp on the cartridge (you can see it on your real ones, on the back of it where it attaches to the handle), and the serial number was different from the real ones i had.  i e-mailed the guy (not so nicely) telling him these were fakes and they cut my head all up, and demanded my money back.  he complied instantly and apologized, but i could tell he knew they were fake and was just going to re-sell them.  what gets me is his seller rating is immaculate, near 100%, all his feedback is like 'A+++ #1 seller!!' and all that jazz.  what gives?  either these people are all submitting feedback before using the blades, or they're just not noticing that they're of horrible quality, which i can't believe.  i mean, we've all used cheap razors, on our heads and our faces, and we KNOW when it's a cheap razor, right?  i don't understand. 
  anyway, a little internet research led me to a chinese wholesaler who sells the blades for around 25 cents per blade, but you have to buy in bulk, like 400 packs minimum.  my guess is these are lesser-quality gillette-sanctioned blades being sold in second-world countries where the costs don't justify the returns the american market dictates, but the brand still has immense selling power. 
  i realize every time i post here i make it a froggin novel, but i don't want anybody to get screwed over.  i was lucky to get my money back.  i don't know how there's a way to tell online if the blades are real or not.  if i ever buy online again, i'm going to ask the seller if the blades are knockoffs, and then if the gillette stamp is on the razors.  best of luck to you all.

Gentlemen,

I've been lurking here for a while, reading many informative posts.  I've been sly since August 07 and I love it.

Anyway, I've never posted, but I feel strongly about this topic and I was going to start a thread (maybe I still will). 

First of all, for those of you who buy blades on ebay, you might want to check out the following site  http://www.fakeblades.com as they have so much info on counterfeit ebay blades/sellers.  Most of the blades on ebay are counterfeit.  I've read that up to 80% of them are like this.  That's why you're getting great prices.

No Gillette does not sanction the manufacturing of these blades.  They are counterfeit, they mostly come out of China, and just like any other counterfeit product, they are a big problem and help to deteriorate consumer confidence.  If you end up buying these counterfeit blades, I would recommend that you contact Gillette.  They are very interested in keeping these off your face/head because it's their name that's getting beaten down.  Gillette will even refund your money and/or give you free (real) blades.

I will never trust anyone selling cheap blades on ebay.  I'd rather pay more at the store for real ones than take the chance with untrustworthy ebay scammers.

I hope you don't take this post as an endorsement of anykind, I'm just trying to help you out.  fakeblades.com is real and I don't work for them, I've just really appreciated the info that I've read there and I thought I'd share.

JTP

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2008, 01:30:04 PM »
Really good info JTP, thanks and welcome aboard!

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2008, 04:59:48 PM »
The packaging being perfect doesn't mean much. The scam artists perfected that long ago.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2008, 05:41:14 PM »
I have purchased Ebay blades for the Fusion. They were supplied by a highly regarded seller with 100% good feedback here in OZ. He posted the serial numbers of the blades on the sale page.

Buy from a reputable seller and you have nothing to be worried about. Ebay take scam artists very seriously.

Offline j_the_p

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 06:15:30 AM »
JDog, that's excellent.  I'm glad you found a reputable seller. 

The problem with ebay and the reason people can sell counterfeit product and still have high feedback ratings is that buyers are scared to leave negative feedback for fear of retaliatory negatives on their own feedback score.  Ebay is fixing that though.  Starting in May, sellers will no longer be able to leave negative feedback for buyers, but buyers can still leave negs for sellers. 

Offline waliguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2008, 02:03:08 PM »

Re: Blades in Bulk from Ebay or anywhere else?
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 09:18:29 PM »
Tim, it's a major league problem with the Ebay fakes.  The guys here buying Gillette replacement blades off Ebay need to be very careful.  I've read as much as 75-80% of the stuff listed on Gillette replacement blades is fake.

This is part of a statement from Richard K. Willard, Senior Vice President and General Counsel
for The Gillette Company, before the Committee on the Judiciary (United States Senate) from March 23, 2004:

The magnitude of the problem at Gillette alone is staggering. Our lawyers are working alongside law enforcement agencies worldwide to identify and arrest counterfeiters. Recently in China, over the span of one week, we seized more than 1.5 million fake Gillette products that were destined for France, Russia, South America, the Middle East, and English-speaking nations. In one province, we seized a substantial amount of fake packaging for several of our products. In another, we recovered 100,000 counterfeit razor blades, 400,000 fake disposable razors, more than one million counterfeit Duracell batteries, and 40,000 fake Oral-B toothbrushes. Again, all of this is in just one week, in just two Chinese provinces, and involving just Gillette’s products. Imagine how much bigger the problem is for all U.S. manufacturers and for manufacturers around the world.

Here's another story - Reuters, September 2007:

BEIJING (Reuters) - Two Chinese brothers have been charged with making 160,000 fake "Gillette" razor blades, the latest in a series of product and piracy scandals to hit the country.

The brothers, surnamed Zhang, were accused of assembling Gillette Mach 3 razor blades at home with family members without the permission from Gillette (China), Xinhua news agency said Wednesday, quoting prosecutors in Wenzhou in Zhejiang province.

Authorities raided the home on July 4 last year, confiscating more than 30,000 blades. More than 120,000 blades had been transported to Shanghai, according to the brothers' statement, Xinhua said.

"It is estimated the counterfeits were worth about 2.54 million yuan ($336,000) based on the average market price in Wenzhou," it said.

Pirated goods ranging from drugs and designer bags to golf clubs and DVDs have become a major source of friction between Beijing and Washington.

So before you think you're getting some amazing deal on Ebay on the replacement blades, think twice.

Just a repost of mine, from January 1, in case anyone missed it.  Ebay fakes are out there...lots of 'em.  j_the_p...appreciate your work in this area keeping people informed.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2008, 05:07:59 PM »
j_the_p, based on your site I was able to determine if my Fusions that I bought off Ebay were real or not.  It looks like they're real!  WOOOHOO!!

RICKYBOBBY74

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 08:48:10 PM »
after reading this post i had already won an auction for 80 power fusion blades for about $143 + free shipping! it ended up being legit and i'm set for a looooong time! if anyone wants the name of the seller(just in case they have more blades to sell) pm me