Confidence and Success > Fitness/Diet

Bicycle Riders?

<< < (3/3)

Sgt. Pate:

--- Quote from: basikbiker on December 14, 2009, 09:21:43 PM --- yes bikes are fun

--- End quote ---

I was doing that stuff in the canyons of San Diego in the 60's on a 20" Schwinn Sting Ray with a springer front end before it evolved to the sport it's become today.  I healed much faster then!  ;D

Now-a-days I love my Specialized mountain bike but for street/trail riding only.  O0

(|8-):

--- Quote from: Tommi on January 07, 2010, 11:47:11 AM ---Great sport, the best one after football (soccer) actually...

I'm thinking of buying this one.

--- End quote ---

I used to sell Trek bikes, and I'm on my second carbon Trek road bike (Madone 5.2), so I am totally biased, but the new Madones are great.  It's light, the handling is precise, and the seatmast soaks up even speed bump-size bumps.  I do not care for Bontrager cranks, but you can get a Shimano version. 

I need to ride more this winter...

joergHH:
I like biking very much. My avatar-pic has been taken on our bike tour in the Loire-valley in France last year.
Between 1984 and 1997 I commuted from April to September.
In Hamburg the combination bike and underground is the fastest way to come from A to B.
Now I try biking once or twice a week for two hours as exercise and work out for my heart.

J

just4fun:
It's been a while since the last post for this topic, I just want to open again and share my biking experience that may help with other members too.
I have this SE Bikes Big Mountain 24-Speed D Hard Tail Mountain Bicycle. So far I have ridden just over 100 miles and I am very pleased with the bike. It has all the major features I was looking for without breaking the bank. Like all 29’ers this is a large bike and at 5’ 10” I purchased the 17” frame which is just right. My only negative is I found the saddle a little hard for my personal taste but I replaced it with a Blackburn Sport Trail Saddle also from Amazon which was more to my liking.
I cannot comment on how well this bike would fair in extreme conditions but if like me you mostly ride paths and easier off-road trails and you want a good bike with decent components at a reasonable price then add this to your shortlist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version