Author Topic: Lance- Trying to become a firefighter.  (Read 12027 times)

jusbnme

Re: Lance- Trying to become a firefighter.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2007, 02:12:58 AM »
Bro, being that we are both pursueing a dream of work in Noble Professions, I have to say that you and I are kind of working with the same Motive in mind.

Hey bro, I was just curious as to what profession you were going for?  I joined in a while after you so I may have missed it if you posted this all ready on another thread.  Peace.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 03:52:08 PM »
Bro, being that we are both pursueing a dream of work in Noble Professions, I have to say that you and I are kind of working with the same Motive in mind.

Hey bro, I was just curious as to what profession you were going for?  I joined in a while after you so I may have missed it if you posted this all ready on another thread.  Peace.

I am currently in training for the USCG Boot... UNITED STATES COAST GUARD Boot.  I am looking forward to serving my country, and saving the lives of many.
Peace

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 04:03:39 PM »
LOL watched the guardian one to many times I see :*))

LOL all jokeing aside congrats on your decision to join the service. If there is anything I can help you with man let me know been in the Navy for 8 years now and a lot of the Navy's policies and procedures are very similar to the Coasties.

PS what kind of job are you looking at getting into once you join?

jusbnme

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 07:56:15 AM »

I am currently in training for the USCG Boot... UNITED STATES COAST GUARD Boot.  I am looking forward to serving my country, and saving the lives of many.

Good for you bro.  O0 Good luck.  Keep me posted.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 11:43:09 AM »

Good for you bro.  O0 Good luck.  Keep me posted.

Likewise brother.  One of these days if I find myself in your neck of the woods I am going to have to buy you a beer!  Beer always tastes better when you are buying for good Buddies and Good Times!  O0

LOL watched the guardian one to many times I see :*))

LOL all jokeing aside congrats on your decision to join the service. If there is anything I can help you with man let me know been in the Navy for 8 years now and a lot of the Navy's policies and procedures are very similar to the Coasties.

PS what kind of job are you looking at getting into once you join?

Believe me, I might end up asking for your advice down the line.  I am going for Boatswain's ["bosun" or BM] Mate, then I plan on shooting for Coxswain ["Coxs'n"], possibly of the Heavy Weather Variety.  Telling you the truth here, I have never seen the Guardian... But one of my Mother's Best Friends is married to a gentleman who was the Youngest Commander in Coast Guard History.  Offered the Admirals Job, but chose to retire.  I Will not hold it against you that your a Navy Man (j/k  ;))... All Respect Brother, This Salute is for You  O0
Peace

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 12:10:49 PM »
Yo, I encourage everyone to go over to the site suggestions forum and chime in on a possible Military/Servicemen's forum... For the Military/Fire/Police  :popo, etc... Personal that rise every morning to defend Old Glory. 
Peace

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 02:32:03 PM »
Hey Mr. clean we have the exact same rate Boatsan mate or BM. it is a good solid rate and most people I know that do it enjoy it. As for the coxawain mate don't sweat it that position will come along as another training series. Keep me posted man.

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 02:33:04 PM »
PS: get used to the term "Deck Ape" it will be your new nickname LOL

jusbnme

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2007, 06:10:05 PM »
Likewise brother.  One of these days if I find myself in your neck of the woods I am going to have to buy you a beer!  Beer always tastes better when you are buying for good Buddies and Good Times!  O0

I'm going to hold you to that one bro.  It sounds like a plan.   O0

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2007, 12:09:46 PM »
The first thing to say is good luck with that, I hope you get there.  On the fitness front, the best thing i ever did was buy a concept 2 rowing machine.  Indoor rowing is about the best cardio workout you can get and trust me if you perservere can get you extremely fit extremely quickly. 

My advice is always that physical activity should be priority one and diet number two.  It is better in terms of your health to be a physically active fat person than a thin inactive person.  when you consider both elements as risk factors then sedentary lifestyle is worse. 

If you can find a rower i would recommend starting off easy doing say 15 mins trying to get 2:00 splits four times a week.  Then start building in some intervals and some longer pieces to keep it varied.  Every month do a 2km test where you go all out.  A good time for a male beginner is about 7:00.  As a guide, (I have no idea how big and heavy you are), I rowed for a year and a half on water and was doign 2k rowing machine times of 6:30, however i am 6ft 4 and 16.5 stones. 

Aside from all that if you cant find a rower ignore everything i said and I hope it goes well for you. 
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

jusbnme

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 09:27:21 PM »
The first thing to say is good luck with that, I hope you get there.  On the fitness front, the best thing i ever did was buy a concept 2 rowing machine.  Indoor rowing is about the best cardio workout you can get and trust me if you perservere can get you extremely fit extremely quickly. 

My advice is always that physical activity should be priority one and diet number two.  It is better in terms of your health to be a physically active fat person than a thin inactive person.  when you consider both elements as risk factors then sedentary lifestyle is worse. 

If you can find a rower i would recommend starting off easy doing say 15 mins trying to get 2:00 splits four times a week.  Then start building in some intervals and some longer pieces to keep it varied.  Every month do a 2km test where you go all out.  A good time for a male beginner is about 7:00.  As a guide, (I have no idea how big and heavy you are), I rowed for a year and a half on water and was doign 2k rowing machine times of 6:30, however i am 6ft 4 and 16.5 stones. 

Aside from all that if you cant find a rower ignore everything i said and I hope it goes well for you. 

Thanks for the great advice and the encouragement bro.   O0