Author Topic: Hello SBG  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Number2

• Learning the way of Sly
Hello SBG
« on: March 10, 2007, 07:24:19 AM »
Hello all. :x!

Today was the first time I browsed the internet about going bald and I come accross this site. I was actually looking for something to maybe slow down the process by maybe changing my diet or something but sod it, if its gonna happen its gonna happen.

The bald story :( Im 25 and have shaved my head a number 2 since I was sixteen, mainly becuase I didnt like wasting money on haircuts, but a year or two ago I thought I might grow it a bit [sods law] but my older brother who is quite a bit older and still has some hair started taking the mick out of me as he noticed my bald spot on the back of my head forming. Now a year on and its getting worse its slowly creeping over my scalp and getting thiner, the sides are still hanging in though [barely]. Anyway I might shave it with a razor soon as its in the horrible in between stage where there is hair and skull. I also have to bulk up a bit before I become a fully fledged meber of the bald community, Im not a skinny man but im not a big man so now its time to make myself look like stone cold steve austin or maybe just like the big dood in the bar who no one wants to mess with [probably not but we will see].

Anyway see you all around soon.

P.s Great forum you guys got here.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Hello SBG
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 07:30:54 AM »
welcome number 2...give it a shot man...if you been shaving with a #2 for that long it shouldnt be much of a shock to ya.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 07:31:46 AM »
welcome. glad you found us.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 07:44:47 AM »
Welcome number 2.  Go for it, I've no doubt you will be glad you did!
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 08:34:44 AM »
Number2, Welcome!!

From your email it looks like yer from the UK.  Glad to have another brit brutha with us.!!

Offline Number2

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 09:06:45 AM »
Cheers all, good to meet you.
The hairs coming of as soon as I can find a decent razor, rather than a painfull disposable one that will leave me covered in cuts.

Yeah Robmeister, Im from the UK, from Wales originally but living in the south west of England now {Bristol}. O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 09:20:33 AM »
The hairs coming of as soon as I can find a decent razor, rather than a painfull disposable one that will leave me covered in cuts.

Yeah Robmeister, Im from the UK, from Wales originally but living in the south west of England now {Bristol}. O0

Great place to live there Number2. Visited Bristol several times on business.  Definitely get a good razor, it will make all the difference.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 09:22:49 AM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 09:45:35 AM »

Hey number 2 fellow brit here, I am from the NW near Manchester.  All i can say is shave it off, you might like it you might not but one thing i can absolutely guarantee is that you will like it more than the bald with plenty of hair on the sides look. 

This is a great place to hang out if you are thinking of making the decision.  When I came by i had already shaved but there are so many people who are on the edge and are coaxed over by the SBG's.  Do it you won't regret it, and besides you are beefing up the UK and Ireland community on this Site.  Unless i am mistaken that makes 4, Number 2, MagmaBabe, Blagadan and Me!!  Good luck and let us know how you get on/
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 11:39:05 AM »
Welcome Number2!  I am glad you found this site and decided to share your story with us.  Hang out for a while and learn some techniques for when you go to shave your head.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 12:20:04 PM »
I too wish to welcome you to the forum Number 2, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here, and that you'll also find alot of great people offering some realy great advise and support. Here is my little piece of advice, I think you should shave it off, you'll probably feel very relieved that you did, also may I recomend the "ONLY" razor that is desighned for shaveing your head, and that is  the HeadBlade razor. I recomend the Sport model, also you can check out all the other great products they have to offer here at http://headblade.com/.
Oh and don't forget to post some pics.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 02:24:45 PM by The Original Canadian HeadBlader! »
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

BaldRob

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 02:13:14 PM »
Welcome Number2!

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 02:21:54 PM »
Welcome to SBG! 
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 05:04:32 AM »
Welcome Number2.

jusbnme

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 02:06:51 PM »
Welcome #2.  I'm pretty new here myself but let me tell you that you are definitely in good company.  Go for the slick look.  You'll be glad you did.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 02:36:05 PM »
Welcome aboard Number 2.