Author Topic: Writing a research paper on hair loss, need help  (Read 11429 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Writing a research paper on hair loss, need help
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 10:25:43 AM »
So how about posting your paper here?
it is ten pages of dull hairloss treatments. the last 2-3 pages were from crazy.irish.celt(i think that was his name) his post "How I got over it" that was my closing statement.

Im insecure about my writing anyways so no thanks not posting it :D

Dude... you came here and asked for help with this, then took excerpts from another member's post, and you refuse to post it??..... Not sure I get that one. I also hope that you asked the Celt if it was OK to use his statements before you made them part of your paper.

I would assume that he at least gave attribution of the source in his paper--othErwise PLAGIARISM,  and at least when I was writing papers for school credit that was a big no-no.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 04:41:51 PM by Mikekoz13 »

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 07:12:20 AM »
So how about posting your paper here?
it is ten pages of dull hairloss treatments. the last 2-3 pages were from crazy.irish.celt(i think that was his name) his post "How I got over it" that was my closing statement.

Im insecure about my writing anyways so no thanks not posting it :D

Dude... you came here and asked for help with this, then took excerpts from another member's post, and you refuse to post it??..... Not sure I get that one. I also hope that you asked the Celt if it was OK to use his statements before you made them part of your paper.
that was the first thing I did was ask him If I could use his post in my paper, he said yes. So I did, and there was no plagiarism. Plagiarism is presenting someone elses words as your own, which I did not due. I cited the resources in my research paper. thankyou for your concerns though
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 02:23:24 PM »
My concern wasn't pagiarism.... I figured that since it was a graded paper you would follow proper course.

My concern was that someone else might not be happy about their words being used if they didn't permit it.
Nobody's throwing barbs at you my Friend.......
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 04:51:58 AM »
My concern wasn't pagiarism.... I figured that since it was a graded paper you would follow proper course.

My concern was that someone else might not be happy about their words being used if they didn't permit it.
Nobody's throwing barbs at you my Friend.......
I appreciate that, and I was not receiving it as so, I was merely addressing your concerns. I got a poor grade on the paper, and its not very good work for me personally, I have a very high standard for my writing, and this does not meet it. If you wanted to read the paper I apologize but I do not feel comfortable posting it.

All the information used from this site was with the expressed permission of the provider (in this case being crazy.irish.celt) I used his post as my closing statement, The read overall is dull, full of statistics, and various treatments. Trust me you aren't missing about by not reading this one.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0