Author Topic: Wilkinson Xtreme 3  (Read 5643 times)

Offline Iconic

• Sly Jr.
Wilkinson Xtreme 3
« on: October 27, 2009, 06:59:51 AM »
Anyone using Wilkinson Sword (or Schick) Xtreme 3? Is it any good? I'm looking for something a bit cheaper to replace Mach 3. I think Xtreme 3 looks kind of similar to Mach 3.

By the way, they have a sly guy on their product page:

http://www.wilkinsonsword.co.uk/men/showroom/xtreme3

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:37:03 AM by Iconic »

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Re: Wilkinson Xtreme 3
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 07:31:52 AM »
I have the Schick Xtreme 3 razor, but use it on my face only.  The Xtreme 3 razor with changeable blades is difficult, but not impossible, to get in the United States.  Once I use up all my blades I'll probably discontinue it from my shaving arsenal in favor of the Mach 3.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »
I could only get the disposable and it was used once, enough said.  Don't know if the Personna M5 is available there, but it's my weapon of choice now.  If not try the Fusion, I used the non-power since I couldn't see any difference.  You wind up with a lot of shaving gear in your drawer at the first finding what works best for you.

Offline Iconic

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 04:45:36 AM »
I haven't seen M5 anywhere here yet, but after hearing so much good about it, I must try it when possible. Still looking for alternatives... I suppose Wilkinson/Schick is not that popular and therefore hard to come by. Gillette is the word and they are always pushing their latest product so aggressively that it's difficult to find anything else. Waiting for that M5.

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 10:03:22 AM »
I used to use the Xtreme 3 when I first started. The main thing I liked about it was the flexibility of the blades. I have a couple of ridges on the top sides of my head that the blades would bend around pretty good. Then again if I didn't hit the ridge just right it would take a bit of skin with it. Im on the M5 now and really like it. Used the headblade with the sensor blades before that.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 11:35:03 AM »
Anyone using Wilkinson Sword (or Schick) Xtreme 3? Is it any good? I'm looking for something a bit cheaper to replace Mach 3. I think Xtreme 3 looks kind of similar to Mach 3.

By the way, they have a sly guy on their product page:

http://www.wilkinsonsword.co.uk/men/showroom/xtreme3

I have used the Xtreme 3 and it is a very nice razor but the Mach 3, Quattro, and Fusion blades are just so overpriced that I have just quit buying them and just went to a straight razor and have never looked back
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline dannydesil

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 12:55:45 AM »
I saw these earlier this year in Tesco's Sidcup marked up for 87p a pack, I think they was supposed to put 87p a blade but I bought about 50 packs that week until they did go up to £3+. So I'll have blades for the next few years!! To add, these are very good blades.

____________________________________-

Footwear Search Firms New York | Wealth Management Raleigh | Landscaping Company Raleigh
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:41:16 AM by dannydesil »