Author Topic: Those of you with beards...  (Read 25180 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Those of you with beards...
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 12:01:22 PM »
I get too itchy with a full beard.

That only lasts for a couple of weeks--but they are the longest weeks you ever live. >:D 

I am still tempted to extend mine to a full beard if I could figure out where it ends, but for now I've grown it out to an inch in length at the chin and 1/2" at the tails.  Full is nice, but I'm not sure how my boss will take it--even though the last comment turned out to be a huge punk on me.  I've got to really be able to look "professional' for the sales side of my work, and professional means looking like a lawyer.  Just don't know if it would work--the goat works fine, so I am tempted.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 01:49:27 PM »
contacts...
Works with or without glasses. deadohsky's avatar is proof positive that a full beard even without the glasses arms to delineate the end looks kick ass!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 02:09:21 PM »
contacts...
Works with or without glasses. deadohsky's avatar is proof positive that a full beard even without the glasses arms to delineate the end looks kick ass!

As I said, tempted.  May try it out post Christmas to Mardi Gras--when I was thinking of seeing how a regular, but full, goat & stache would work anyway. 

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 02:25:23 PM »
Its very nearly a full beard anyway, Saint, but I like the semi-full beard in your avatar best with the bald head.  It's a cool look 8)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2009, 02:29:06 PM »
Its very nearly a full beard anyway, Saint, but I like the semi-full beard in your avatar best with the bald head.  It's a cool look 8)
Thanks, I do get a lot of compliments--very good for the ego--and that's a really nice thing. :)

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 12:14:25 PM »
I felt a little awkward while growing out from a goatee to full beard. Got a lot of interesting comments too. I've stuck with it for a year so far.

Offline BaldBear

• Bald, Bearded and Bear!
  • Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • "woof!"
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »
I might try for the full bearded look.  I always trying different looks.  It was easy when I worked from home due to the transitional phase making me look like a bum.  I had to schedule my new looks with vacation/holidays for the past year, so I didn't get nasty looks from the office folk.  But, now that I have been laid off, I have some time to grow it all out.  Nice thing about a full beard is that its like a blank canvas.  Like my dad always said, you can always cut/sand down the excess but you can add to it.  That was woodworking, but it's the same principle with beards. 

Rich 

I think you would look fantastic with a nice, neat, full beard.
Woof!
"The more hair I lose...the more head I get!"

Offline Undercover

• (Insert clever, thought provoking title here)
  • Sly Jr.
  • This used to look like a floating head...
    • How I buy stuff like headblades...
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 04:28:49 PM »
I actually can't grow a full beard, so I just rock the goatee 24/7/365.

If I ever shave it off for any reason, (usually a tragic trimmer accident) my reaction is like Rorschach from "Watchmen," MY FAAAACE! GIVE ME BACK MY FAAACE!
Mother nature only created so many perfect heads, the rest she covered in hair...

Offline BaldBear

• Bald, Bearded and Bear!
  • Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • "woof!"
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 04:11:57 PM »
I usually keep mine pretty trim, but when the salt starts overwhelming the pepper (like in this pic)

I usually break out the "Just For Men" and color it in a bit to be more like this...

Woof!
"The more hair I lose...the more head I get!"

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 06:07:44 PM »
For those who wear contacts or have no glasses, you can always wear sunglasses to determine the cut off point.

Also, I have to say to Bald Bear that you rock the bald and full bearded look whether you are grey or color it.

I used to color my grey facial hair but when my eyebrows started turning grey, I gave up!

Offline sinistas

• Mr. Green
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • Musique metal?
    • Dreaded Silence - Boston Metal
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 08:48:09 PM »
I switch between a jawline beard, more full beard, and goatee.  I have facial hair ADD :/ haha

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 02:16:59 PM »
Used to alternate between goatee in the summer and full beard in the winter.  Since going SLY, I have tried the full beard for a short time, then a bit less, but neither seemed to do it for me.  So I'm back to the goatee full-time.
MikeC

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 02:17:45 PM »
Used to alternate between goatee in the summer and full beard in the winter.  Since going SLY, I have tried the full beard for a short time, then a bit less, but neither seemed to do it for me.  So I'm back to the goatee full-time.

Which reminded me - I need to update my profile pic at some point!
MikeC

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 02:36:06 PM »
Today I shaved mine off to try to live without it for some time.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 06:22:27 PM »
Today I shaved mine off to try to live without it for some time.

I dont' think I could do that - facial hair has been such a part of me for such a long time.  I haven't been completely clean-shaven in over 15 years (before my middle child was born)...
MikeC