Author Topic: tomorrow is the day.  (Read 11359 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: tomorrow is the day.
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 05:06:04 AM »
Looks great Eon! Keep it for 30 days. It's a pretty big change so it will take a bit of getting used to seeing yourself looking so different. Patience my Friend....
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »
Chill, your head looks fine.  Why be another balding young man? That's much more noticeable and from further away than any perceived imperfection you see--no one else is noticing it.  You're too rough on yourself--keep it shaved, clean and bright.  Thirty days, then go back to be a balding young man, looking forty and caught up in an anxiety battle no one, not you or anyone, can win.  You're free.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »
I agree with the others... stay strong.  And try the blade; there is nothing like a smooth dome.  No lopsidedness that I can see; remember we are all our own worst critics.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2009, 05:18:37 PM »
Hey Eon !
Its Halloween time and that is best time to shave your head smooth and just tell everyone its pumpkin bald head time.  Keep it smooth for a month.   Give it a chance ... you have good looking face and upbeat personality ... just perfect for being bald !   ---Stasiu

Offline Eon

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 06:05:12 PM »
haha oooook,  I shaved it down.  But I'm not doing it for 30 days, I'd rather be hairy balding and warm for one last winter. =P

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/MajikBonger/99.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/MajikBonger/55.jpg
Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that
So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out
Keep your head up, and handle it -Tupac Shakur

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 06:45:29 PM »
It looks terrific, Eon.   O0  Now, having come this far, you owe it to yourself to live with the look for a while.  Give it 30 days -- that would bring you to the end of November, with plenty of time to grow back some fuzz for the winter, if you still want to.  If you can't commit to 30 days, then at least give it two weeks.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 06:50:35 PM »
haha oooook,  I shaved it down.  But I'm not doing it for 30 days, I'd rather be hairy balding and warm for one last winter. =P

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/MajikBonger/99.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/MajikBonger/55.jpg

A bit of stubble wont help the cold bro...invest in some nice lookin' skull caps!

keep it smooth.... you look killer dude!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 07:25:46 PM »
Eon:
You did what you said you were going to do, you have shaved it down, but in a larger sense you have now gotten in front of an issue that will continue whatever you do.  At some point in the relative near term you will be bald, a fringe, scraps, two hairlines when the island forms in front.  You are now dealing w/ an issue all of us w/ mpb faced when we cleaned up--it's the "Who's the dude in the mirror?"  Soon, very soon, if you keep shaving, that will pass.  What will happen in the next week or two will be a non-event to a whole lot of your friends and acquaintances, a disaster to some--mainly family, and compliments, lots and lots of compliments.  Now, for my own part, I really liked the compliments, not withstanding that  my wife never has really gotten to like it.  So I kept it, wished I had done it sooner--but I'm a good bit longer in the tooth than you are. 
In the final test, it must come down to you, what you're comfortable with.  Provided you don't take drugs or waste money on rugs, it's okay.  But if you do grow it out my reading here about the experience of others would lead me to place major money on a return to Sly, and a lot sooner than you would now think possible--but I'm not a betting man so don't ask me to put money on the table.  Just keep in your mind that every day, every night, more and more of the hairs on your scalp are going to go away, some you will see on the pillow in the morning, some will clog the drain in the bathroom.  You will have to pick a point where that is unacceptable, it's always going to be you.  So grow it back and learn to live with the anxiety that people realize the obvious, you're losing your hair, or get in front of it and live your life without the needless trauma to your life.  But it is entirely your choice.  Either way, hang around your bald buddies here, we'll support your decision. 

jrppsuobx

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 08:18:33 PM »
looks great eon!

adam_r_todd

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2009, 11:34:32 AM »
Looks better shaved.  Keep it.   O0

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2009, 12:54:43 PM »
Eon - looks great; give it 30 days of daily shaving, and you'll know for sure if it's a look you want to keep... or will you wait for the inevitable to happen, year after agonizing year.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2009, 12:02:57 PM »
Looks great bro... next step is a HeadBlade Sport!  Then you can have a smoooooth pate like mine!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith