Poll

Shiny, or not

Shiny
29 (65.9%)
Not Shiny
15 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Shiny or not.  (Read 15195 times)

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
Re: Shiny or not.
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2007, 01:59:23 PM »
I see that too... great actor.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2007, 05:11:15 PM »
Mikesj ... anyone ever tell you that you look like Robert Duvall?

No, first time, but only shaving a week. With hair I had  been told I look like Robin Williams

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2007, 05:26:15 PM »
No, first time, but only shaving a week. With hair I had  been told I look like Robin Williams

Nah, definitely Duvall  :)  keep the look, it suits you.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2007, 08:23:07 PM »
Come on now... I take it I am the only fan of the Matte Look that has a Big Mouth!  #3l*

Matte fan here.  I tried HeadLube Glossy, and it made me look and feel oily.  As you can see, my head already has a nice gleam going on its own.  I still keep the Glossy around in case I want to try it again.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2007, 06:50:51 PM »
Matte is definatly the Solid way to role through the summer... I have enough Gleam with just the Bald head+this Phoenix Sun. 

I Role Matte All year myself though.  Natural the way I role  )&
Peace

KALBO

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2007, 07:48:49 PM »
Mostly matte here...

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2007, 12:00:20 AM »
Hey MikeSJ, with your latest avatar, you now almost remind me of me the new look Rick Schroeder... something about your eyes and eye line area.  He currently is on the awesome show '24.'

http://us.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/1920/Events/1920/RickSchrod_Ausse_905045_400.jpg.html?hint=nm0005401

« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 12:02:48 AM by Stew »
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2007, 12:49:39 AM »
Hey MikeSJ, with your latest avatar, you now almost remind me of me the new look Rick Schroeder... something about your eyes and eye line area.  He currently is on the awesome show '24.'

http://us.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/1920/Events/1920/RickSchrod_Ausse_905045_400.jpg.html?hint=nm0005401

Hey Stew, am a 24 fan (although a few weeks behind, but waiting for me on TIVO), will watch next Monday and look for the similarity...thanks

« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 11:34:15 AM by mikesj »

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2007, 01:43:07 AM »
Matte here,just bought some Headlube Matte & giving that a go
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2007, 06:57:56 AM »

OK, I'm going to stray off topic for just a moment.  I haven't seen Ricky Schroder in a long time.  Does anyone else think he looks really old for his age?  I just looked it up and he is 37.  I actually thought he was younger than that.  But he looks WAY older.

Offline Rafter

• Super Sly
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2007, 10:25:30 AM »
I'm going to stray off topic for just a moment.  I haven't seen Ricky Schroder in a long time.  Does anyone else think he looks really old for his age?  I just looked it up and he is 37.  I actually thought he was younger than that.  But he looks WAY older.[http://us.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/1920/Events/1920/RickSchrod_Ausse_905045_400.jpg.html?hint=nm0005401OK]

Man, He does look old!! It's all that bad hair!! :/O
I remember first seeing him in The Champ...with Angelina Joli's pop, Jon Voight...cryin' and sobbin...ech!! ;D

His show Silver Spoons was on the same time as Joey Lawrence's Give Me A Break.
Lawrence went SLY....
Maybe Schroder too should give SLY a try!! 

Getting back to the topic of this thread.
It's Headlube Glossy for me. It's the "shine" that rocks the SLY look!! 8)

« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 10:41:37 AM by Rafter »

jusbnme

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2007, 04:06:54 AM »
quote author=RazorX link=topic=1100.msg25681#msg25681 date=1177851476]
[http://us.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/1920/Events/1920/RickSchrod_Ausse_905045_400.jpg.html?hint=nm0005401OK, I'm going to stray off topic for just a moment.  I haven't seen Ricky Schroder in a long time.  Does anyone else think he looks really old for his age?  I just looked it up and he is 37.  I actually thought he was younger than that.  But he looks WAY older.

Man, He does look old!! It's all that bad hair!! :/O
I remember first seeing him in The Champ...with Angelina Joli's pop, Jon Voight...cryin' and sobbin...ech!! ;D

His show Silver Spoons was on the same time as Joey Lawrence's Give Me A Break.
Lawrence went SLY....
Maybe Schroder too should give SLY a try!! 

Getting back to the topic of this thread.
It's Headlube Glossy for me. It's the "shine" that rocks the SLY look!! 8)

[/quote]

Welcome Rafter.  I also usually rock the glossy but my head does tend to oil up on it's own so every now and then I rock the matte.

Offline TXFergie

• Sly Jr.
  • TXFergie on Day two of being shorn
    • TXFergie's MySpace Page!!
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2007, 03:16:57 PM »
I also use the headLube Glossy as well. I like the glow of the dome after a nice shave. 

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2007, 04:03:20 PM »
 ;D I'm with Blondeguy on this one. Four out of five times it's Headlube matte for me. It's the perfect head "dressing," in my opinion. But I keep the glossy for those occasions when I want to make a bold and very bald statement. Also, with regard to the "lube," glossy does seem somewhat greasy to me. A little goes a long way. Both applications soothe razor burn. Question: as summer comes on, Is Headlube a substitute for sunscreen, or does sunscreen take its place? Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2007, 04:05:36 PM »
Question: as summer comes on, Is Headlube a substitute for sunscreen, or does sunscreen take its place? Professor Melon

Professor, HeadLube doesn't have any sunscreen in it, so you'll need to either add some on top or replace it with something that does.  The only thing that I have found that keeps a matte finish while providing a protection of spf 25 is Matte for Men.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: