Author Topic: Better Head Wipes?  (Read 5448 times)

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Better Head Wipes?
« on: April 08, 2009, 09:08:37 AM »
Matte for Men Wipes v Bald Guyz Wipes v HeadBlade Wipes......what do you bros think?

i've only tried the matte for men wipes. while they do a phenomenal job degreasing the dome, they do absolutely nothing to tame the shine. also, they come in a large pack and are not individually wrapped.

i know the other two brands of wipes come individually wrapped, which is ideal.

so what are your thoughts? has anyone tried them all out? which do you prefer to clean and cool off the dome mid-day?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 09:10:32 AM by BlackJamesRackham »

Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Better Head Wipes?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 11:24:45 AM »
Don’t get me wrong, I like the Bald Guyz Head Wipes and think they work great. I always have a few on hand.

But a wise SBG brother shared a great tip with me a while back…you can get good results from store-brand or national brand baby wipes. They come scented or unscented and are much cheaper. The individually head wipes are good and don’t take up as much space. But you can buy the baby wipes is a thin, plastic package as well as the larger box/tub. Keep some in the car or desk. Worth a try.

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:29:24 AM »
great point, bro! i should have added, if you have any other types of wipes you use, feel free to share the knowledge.

O0
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 10:05:49 PM »
Well, personally I've only tried the BaldGuyz and HeadBlade wipes, and to be honest, I prefer the BaldGuyz ones by far.  Something about the feel and the scent after that I just prefer.  I've always got a box in my locker and I keep a few in my flak jacket at all times.

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 10:54:16 AM »
I used some antibacterial baby wipes last summer. Don't remember the brand but they were individually wrapped. Kept some in the car for use after outdoor activities. Worked great.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 01:40:50 AM »
Love the Bald Guyz wipes. I feel it is the most refreshing of every other wipe I've tried.

Offline Rev Sly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 06:16:36 AM »
Bald Guyz - I find they give me a clean, refreshing feeling. I use them about midway through my work day and it actually seems to give me a bit more energy. Has anyone seen a head wipe with sunscreen? Now that would be convenient.

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 03:12:41 PM »
Matte For Men Cleansing Cloths...by far. They dont shred, clean totally, and also have an ingredient that reuces wrinkles...for older guys like me! Oh yeah...smell great too.

TB

Offline DogStar Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
    • DogStar Training Systems
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 12:28:07 PM »
I just did a little searching, Dickinson's now has individually wrapped Witch Hazel pads.
Looks to be about $4-5 a box of 20. Available at most drug stores and chains.

FWIW,
Eric

New enough here... I haven't tried witch hazel but the product seems to be used a lot.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 09:00:43 AM »
But a wise SBG brother shared a great tip with me a while back…you can get good results from store-brand or national brand baby wipes. They come scented or unscented and are much cheaper. The individually head wipes are good and don’t take up as much space. But you can buy the baby wipes is a thin, plastic package as well as the larger box/tub. Keep some in the car or desk. Worth a try.

Ditto, I take this one step further. I have an aftershave mix that I make at home of Witch Hazel, aloe vera gel, and tea tree oil. Normally I just rub it in my hands and then apply it to the skull but I also treat store brand baby wipes with it. I just squirt it right into the box and treat the whole pack.
The baby wipes I buy are from Wally World and they have Shea Butter in them already. I saturate the pack with my aftershave and whenever I need one I just pull one out and wipe away the irritation. The Shea Butter gives a nice slick feel to the dome, as well.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Kplum

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »
I just bought some Huggie wipes with shea butter.. I do like them.. But I am going to give that a try..

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 01:41:34 AM »
Just got an email from MFM...their wipes are on sale...good time to try them:

http://www.matteformen.com/current-promotions.html