Author Topic: M5 Razor  (Read 24743 times)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: M5 Razor
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2009, 10:29:14 AM »
I'll be darned if I can find the M5 anywhere.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2009, 10:15:25 PM »
I'll be darned if I can find the M5 anywhere.
hey tom:  in beautiful pensacola, U can purchase the magnum M5 @ walmart for a gr8 price of $5.88.  O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

parksie

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2009, 06:09:32 AM »
If you cant find it at Walmart, I have seen it also at rite aid.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2009, 06:56:25 AM »
I'll have to keep checking Wally World with a side trip to Rite Aid. Thanx guys.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2009, 09:41:20 AM »
Frankly even Wal-Mart doesn't give it much shelf space--I bought blades this morning and there were at least 15 rows of Fusion razors & blades, and one for M5--you know they make more on the Fusion.  Look at the end, the far end of the displays.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »
Frankly even Wal-Mart doesn't give it much shelf space--I bought blades this morning and there were at least 15 rows of Fusion razors & blades, and one for M5--you know they make more on the Fusion.  Look at the end, the far end of the displays.

I stopped at Wally World yesterday and they had THREE rows each of the razors and the blades.... The razors were sold out.

Better buy your blades boys.... word is getting out.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline ldrider51

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2009, 10:04:04 AM »
The only issue I've had with the M5 Magnum is catching the "trimmer" blade on a my head as I move the razor back for another shaving stroke. It nicked me twice when I did that during one particularly clumsy shave - I think I was still half asleep in the shower at 4:00 am.

Otherwise, I've had no cuts or nicks.

They could leave the 6th blade off the cartridge as far as I'm concerned since, as a sly guy, I have no edges to "trim".

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2009, 06:12:15 PM »
Well, was at Wally World today and looked at the M5... I wasn't too sure until I looked at the refill package.  It said $4.97 for 4 blades.  Then I looked at the Fusion refills, $14.97 for 4 blades.  Now I'm not the sharpest blade in the razor but that's a $10.00 difference?  Needless to say, I am now a proud M5 user!
My razor even came with a $3.00 off coupon for the $4.97 refills!  YEAH BABY!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009, 09:31:46 AM »
The only issue I've had with the M5 Magnum is catching the "trimmer" blade on a my head as I move the razor back for another shaving stroke. It nicked me twice when I did that during one particularly clumsy shave - I think I was still half asleep in the shower at 4:00 am.

They could leave the 6th blade off the cartridge as far as I'm concerned since, as a sly guy, I have no edges to "trim".

+1 to axe the "trim" blade. I've nicked the side of my head and my finger with the dang thing.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2009, 04:28:46 PM »
I sent Personna a short e-mail thanking them for their product and got this reply:

"Thank you for your kind words regarding Personna American Safety Razor and our M5 Magnum Razor.  We always appreciate feedback from our Customers.  

It will be our pleasure to send you some complimentary samples of the M5 Magnum cartridges along with a coupon to use toward your next purchase, as a token of our appreciation for taking the time to write, to the address your provided in your email below.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Anna Hickman | personna  /  American Safety Razor"

COOL!   O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2009, 07:28:37 PM »
I sent Personna a short e-mail thanking them for their product and got this reply:

"Thank you for your kind words regarding Personna American Safety Razor and our M5 Magnum Razor.  We always appreciate feedback from our Customers.  

It will be our pleasure to send you some complimentary samples of the M5 Magnum cartridges along with a coupon to use toward your next purchase, as a token of our appreciation for taking the time to write, to the address your provided in your email below.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Anna Hickman | personna  /  American Safety Razor"

COOL!   O0

I also wrtote Personna a little email and received a similar respnse.About a week or so later I received the blades and coupon! Great customer service on a great product for an incredible value.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2009, 05:29:40 PM »
Package from Personna arrived today... two packages of blades (8 total) and two $3.00 off coupons for replacement blades!  :@`

Hey Gillette, wazup with you guys?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2009, 06:41:20 PM »
Well I also got the blades and coupons, but I also managed to nick my ear ;D ;D ;D.  Quite a feat for one day. 

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 03:50:32 PM »
Nicked myself in the back of the head for the 2nd time in 10 days with the M5. . Don't know what I am doing wrong.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 03:52:23 PM by Tom Gallagher »

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 03:54:59 PM »

+1 to axe the "trim" blade. I've nicked the side of my head and my finger with the dang thing.

The trim blade is not as good as the Fusion, IMO.