Author Topic: M5 Razor  (Read 24630 times)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: M5 Razor
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »
Although I'm very happy with my Rolling Razor I may try this one for the heck of it. A Sly guy can never own too many razors I always say.  ;D

How is that Rolling Razor to use on an everyday basis.?

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 03:52:47 PM »
All these new things are interesting but I get the greatest pleasure out of shaving with my antique Gillette but I do use my Headblade from time to time.  I've collected a few antique razors.

I admit I love my DE for my face shaving, I've got terribly sensitive skin on my neck so the DE is a big help
Its good to be bald my friends :)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »
wow... i'm an avid fan of the gillette fusion (manual).  i may have 2 try this one out.   O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 07:43:28 AM »
Well, my week trial use of the MS is over, and although I NEVER thought I'd say this, Fusion is a definate second for long lasting smooth and comfortable shaves of the dome.  It's really not even close.  I had thought I'd use up my Fusion blades then switch, but I'm really thinking I don't want to shave second class.  It's a decision I'll make tomorrow morning, because for SIX Skins I got a razor and three blades.  I could probably push this blade, since it hasn't really deteriorated, but, at this price, I'm going to treat my dome right.  I have to add, there have been mornings when there was so little stubble, I wondered whether I couldn't easily go two days--it's really that good.  I didn't but I thought about it--never, I mean never have I ever thought that before!!!!

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 09:31:28 AM »
Sounds great...has anyone had any bad results?  I may give this a try after I use up my fusion blades.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 11:43:40 AM »
My week is also almost up and I agree with Saint about the closeness of the shave. 

One minor issues is that it does not seem to glide as easily as the Fusion.  There seemed at times to be a little resistance but it never resulted in irritation.  Not quite as easy on the sensitive spots on my neck that get easily irritated. 

Also, I have nicked my forehead a couple of times because of the drag, but I think as I get used to it, that won't be an issue.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 12:03:09 PM »
My week is also almost up and I agree with Saint about the closeness of the shave. 

One minor issues is that it does not seem to glide as easily as the Fusion.  There seemed at times to be a little resistance but it never resulted in irritation. 

I noticed that too, particularly at first, but for me also, no irritation.  I wonder if the "drag" is the sensation of the more effective cutting?  Just a thought.  I've been cutting across the grain on my neck under the beard, and it's actually easier to get a close shave than w/ the Fusion that never quite got all of that. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2009, 12:27:01 PM »
My decision is made, I'm MS from here on out O0.  I'll keep my Fusion in reserve, but I just can't give up the quality of an MS shave--w/o doubt the best I've ever had.  Sorry Fusion, maybe you'll own up to the competition and produce a better shave--but now we, the consumers, are used to great shaves at great prices.  Fusion, the challenge has been made, will you try to stay in the game???? :/O :/O :/O

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2009, 08:00:21 PM »
Although I'm very happy with my Rolling Razor I may try this one for the heck of it. A Sly guy can never own too many razors I always say.  ;D

How is that Rolling Razor to use on an everyday basis.?

I find it is closer to the shave of a straight edge. The blades don't float and seems to get closer to the head. I tried the Heablade and never had the contol I do with the Rolling Razor. My son likes his too.

I did find the M5 at BJ's Wholesale club for $17.99 You get the Handle with one blade attached plus 16 more blades. I may try it.
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 07:05:46 AM »
I also love my M5 and have put the Sensor Excel into back up mode.

A great shave at a great price...........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 12:20:25 PM »
I'm not a Fusion user, but it makes me happy to see someone come out with a product to compete or beat the overpriced Fusion.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2009, 01:49:07 AM »
wow... i'm an avid fan of the gillette fusion (manual).  i may have 2 try this one out.   O0

WARHAWK O0
i have tried the M5 out, already & i absolutely had the greatest, smooooothest headshave ever.  i thought it would not beat out the fusion manual but it did.  the magnum M5 razor handle only cost $5.88 (@walmart) and it comes with 3 blades.  and $5.88 for the refill (4 refills).  U cannot beat that price.   O0

i'm with saintc... in that i'm probably the biggest fan of the gillette fusion (manual).  i never thought i would say this... but the M5 beats the fusion.  i still have about 20 fusion blades left but i will use that then go 2 the M5. 

all i gotta say is "wow"... that is one gr8 razor.  if U r a fusion or mach3 user, u gotta try this M5.  O0 O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2009, 08:33:42 AM »
Wow!, with your endorsement Hawkman, I'm going to have to give it a shot. I think the fusion gives a great shave, but wasn't keen on the cost. I'm glad to see some competition that can stand up to it.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 04:26:27 PM »

WARHAWK O0
i have tried the M5 out, already & i absolutely had the greatest, smooooothest headshave ever.  i thought it would not beat out the fusion manual but it did.  the magnum M5 razor handle only cost $5.88 (@walmart) and it comes with 3 blades.  and $5.88 for the refill (4 refills).  U cannot beat that price.   O0

i'm with saintc... in that i'm probably the biggest fan of the gillette fusion (manual).  i never thought i would say this... but the M5 beats the fusion.  i still have about 20 fusion blades left but i will use that then go 2 the M5. 

all i gotta say is "wow"... that is one gr8 razor.  if U r a fusion or mach3 user, u gotta try this M5.  O0 O0

WARHAWK O0

Now I'm sold, I know how much you love the fusion so for you to give good praise to the M5 obviously is a good thing. I just bought another fusion yesterday after my grip came off, its the new MVP fusion which is black and blue....kind of cool but how many different names and colors does gillette have to make for fusions, geez.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2009, 09:29:43 AM »
[ I just bought another fusion yesterday after my grip came off,

That is one of my problems w/ Fusion, the rubber grips fall off is a couple of months--of course it doesn't affect the shave really--but in my suspicious mind I thought, economics 101, sell the razor cheap, then never discount the blades=$$$, lots of $$$.  Fusion seems to think that they can charge premium prices for blades and put out a razor that also needs to be replaced because of faulty rubber, and "shave fashion" colors.  Guys, think about it, Jesse James used a gun!   M5=Better shave, much much cheaper.  Sorry Fusion, you can't game the guys all the time, now someone has called the bluff.