Author Topic: I Hate the shine, i want a matte finish!  (Read 4994 times)

Offline RedRoss

• Sly Guy in Training
I Hate the shine, i want a matte finish!
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:02:22 AM »
Hi fellow baldguyz!this is my first post so lots of replies O0 , ive been goin bald since i was 16 and it took me a while to accept it and in the end i just shaved it off at first i wanted to cry but now i dnt care I LOVE BEIN BALD! i find myself to be a better person..But now i need a lil bit of help, unlike others  i absolutely hate having a shiney head does any1 have ne tips or products they can reccomend i use to totally eliminate the shine and have a nice matte finish?

Mucho love fellow baldys
RedRoss
xx

Offline parky

• Ian Parkinson
  • Sly Jr.
  • Back being sly again
    • Ian Parkinson's Home Page
Re: I Hate the shine, i want a matte finish!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 10:11:55 AM »
HeadMatte from the HeadBlade people.

www.headblade.com

Offline RedRoss

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 10:15:37 AM »
cheers fella ;D

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 11:54:21 AM »
I got my HeadBlade Matte finish stuff last night.  Using it today and it does a good job.  I also have the Matte for Men lotion.  It gives a better finish and is SPF 25, but it is very expensive....and not sweatproof at all.  So, I'll save the Matte For Men for the cooler months.

I also bought the HeadBlade SPF 30 lotion.  It is supposed to give a matte finish.  I'll try it tomorrow and report back to you.

Just FYI, HeadBlade sent me a whole bunch of stuff with the order.  I got a hat, a decal, and some sample packets.  Pretty cool guys!  I am a HeadBlade user.  So, I definitely give them my endorsement.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 12:28:18 PM »
Never found a "matte" product that could tone my natural shine down to any significant degree.  And, living in the south, as it is every place, sunscreens are essential, and all of them, particularly the high spf types, add shine, LOTS of shine.  I have learned to like and value shine.  Sometimes I like to spray on the 70spf sunscreen, and to keep that extra shine, I don't rub it in. Dark glasses to observe my dome are advised at such times.

Offline RedRoss

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 12:49:13 PM »
Fanx bem75 ill take a look at it all... im frm the UK so it myte b difficult to find it over here! if not ill just get it imported!
saintc ur a funny sly guy lol ill be sure to take ur advise on bored  O0

Offline Larry

• Sly Jr.
    • http://www.theelectroniccigarettecompany.com/
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 01:27:39 PM »
I tried the Headlube Matt and it worked fine for a couple of hours til my natural oils came through and gave me a glistening shine.

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 08:36:43 AM »
I used the HeadBlade 30 SPF lotion today.  While it did give a toned down matte look, it left my head a bit greasy.   With the grease factor, the shine is back.  So, I think that I'll save it for days when I'll definitely be in the sun.

HB SPF 30 - I'll use this on sunny days, when I need some protection
HB Matte - Good for everyday use.  Left my head a little greasy, but not bad.
Matte for Men - Fantastic stuff, but not good for sweaty days.  I'll save it for nighttime activities and cooler days.

As a note, I also use Aveeno Face 30 SPF for my head sunscreen needs.  It gives a Matte finish (sorta) and is sweatproof.  Great stuff!!  I highly recommend it.  May clog the pours though.  So, I would not use it everyday.  I only use it, when I'm doing outdoor activities, like swimming or the beach.

onlyrea7ess88

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 12:20:30 AM »
Just bought the L'oreal Oil Controller Mens Expert. Best Ive used yet. Smells great. Feels good. Purchased at Lucky for $6. Great product this stuff really works instantly mattes your dome within minutes go get it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 12:23:04 AM by onlyrea7ess88 »

Offline RedRoss

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 05:56:35 AM »
yeh ive herd about that stuff but how long does it work for?

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 05:59:23 PM »
Just FYI, HeadBlade sent me a whole bunch of stuff with the order.  I got a hat, a decal, and some sample packets.  Pretty cool guys!  I am a HeadBlade user.  So, I definitely give them my endorsement.

The guys at HB are pretty cool at giving you freebies when you order from them.  I once ordered a new set of Sensor adapters and they sent me a sticker and a bunch of HeadLube and HeadSlick samples.  One try of the HeadSlick and I was immediately hooked, I bought a whole bottle of it the next chance I had.

I haven't gotten a full bottle of the HeadLube Matte yet, cause I'm more of a glossy guy, but I do keep a sample of it in my medicine cabinet for when I want to change it up.  One key with the HeadLube is to add it a little at a time and let your head absorb it.  If you clob a bunch of it on then it will end up greasy, I made that mistake when I first tried the Matte way back when.

Offline RedRoss

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 05:15:36 AM »
ill keep that in mind about the headlube thanks