Author Topic: Hey Everyone  (Read 3216 times)

Offline sugar

• Learning the way of Sly
Hey Everyone
« on: March 04, 2007, 06:45:58 PM »
Hey Guys. Well, everyone has a story so here is mine. As you can see from my pic, my hair has been leaving my head like it was the titanic. Not really wanting the "horseshoe" look, about 4 months ago I had started to think about shaving it all off. I figured well, i'll do it on my birthday (this past February) but that didn't happen because of the nerves. I kept putting it off and putting it off until one day I feel that I received a sign. Now i'm not the type of person that believes in that stuff (nothing against people who do, but I just never have) but this kind of spoke to me. While out driving around with my brother-in-law I spotted a flyer in the window of a local pizza place in town. It was for the St. Baldricks foundation which is an organization which helps raise money for children with cancer.  They have an annual  fundraiser where each participant raises money and then on the day of the event, you go to the event and each volunteer has his / her head shaved. I have two healthy beautiful little girls of my own and this hit home for me. Immediately I knew that I had to do it, and signed up. So, on March 11th I will be going bald! I am going to shave it eventually, and if this can help some children then you know what, let's go. I will post the new pic right after I get it done. Thanks guys.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Hey Everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 06:50:39 PM »
Welcome sugar. that is very admirable. there are a few people here that do the same thing. it looks like you will pull the sly look off just fine. if you have questions or comments, don't hesitate to post them. hope to get to know you better. PAUL

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 07:08:05 PM »
Welcome sugar, congratulations on going sly through such a worthy cause.  O0 O0  Looks like you've got a great noggin for it. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 08:51:29 PM »
welcome sugar...thanks for donating to a great cause..its a win win situation!
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 09:17:46 PM »
Welcome to the group, sugar!  great cause, great benefits.  It is a win for everybody!  Post away.  Let us know how things go for ya.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 10:04:08 PM »
Let me also welcome you to yhe group sugar, and yes it is a very worthy cause. However I suspect that the the kids arent the only ones that will have something to gain from this experiance.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 10:35:28 PM »
That's really awesome Sugar!  I think you'll get double the benefit that most of us got by shaving our heads.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ShavedDave

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 08:45:20 AM »
Great story. Welcome!
Rolling out the red carpet,
Best Regards,
Shaveddave

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »
That's awesome! Going sly AND for a good cause? Does life get any better?! I submit that it cannot.

Welcome to SBG!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 01:02:46 PM »
Yeah, what they said ^ and welcome too. My son is a cancer survivor, it is a very admirable decision you have made.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 06:19:41 PM »
Welcome to SBG, sugar!

spaceape48

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 08:23:09 PM »
Welcome! The good thing about shaving your head for such a great cause is that if it looks horrible(which very seldom happens- unless your Brittney Spears) you have a good reason behind your decision for back-up. From your pic I would say you have def got a good head for it. I decided that being sly was better than having a crescent shaped hair line. Hope it works for you.  O0

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 02:24:47 PM »
Welcome Sugar!  I find it admirable for you to support such a great cause.  I first shaved my head when my former mother-in-law was going through cancer treatment several years ago as a way to show my support for her.  I think you will be happy with your new look, you sure seem to have the noggin for it.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 06:40:46 PM »
I think you can pull it off easily friend. Nicely shaped melon (hehe) and a thick neck! Good to go.  Welcome!  ~Yeti
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

jusbnme

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 06:50:43 PM »
I agree with the other guys Sugar.  Go for it.  It will suit you well and it's for a good cause.  Good man.   O0