Author Topic: Thief or Not ??  (Read 3486 times)

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Thief or Not ??
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 09:58:18 PM »
   Well:: I went too the police station last night..Told the officer on duty at the desk how i found this ID in my yard and so on..Thought it might be a good idea too run her name and see if she reported being robbed or maybe she has a record and was out thieving in the night and accidentally dropped it...He said thats not the way they do things "I`m just gonna walk outside and drop it in the mailbox"..
    I was like  "what the "I could have done that myself !..Officer stated thats what they do with ALL IDs turned into them...He thanked me for turning it in and i kinda mentioned as i was leaving maybe she filed a theft report or she was robbed ..He said yeah its possible maybe i`ll check into it--and that was that...........
   Well i felt a little disappointed like nothing would come of it--So i figured i would at least drive by her house too get a glimps of her or  how she lived....I actually did`nt realize she lived just five blocks from me..
   As i rounded the corner i knew right away she was a victim..She had a nice little house new car and nailed too the tree out front was a big note..I knew what it was gonna say before i even walked up too it..It basically stated how her car was broken into and wanted any info on who might have done this or if anyone seen anything the night it happened and so on......
   As i was still standing there she came running outside tore down the note and said  "I`m sorry the police just called someone had turned in my ID "  I just said 'Hey thats great' --did`nt mention it was me and she hopped in her car and left...
   I don`t know if i was more happy she was a nice person who got her ID back or the Police followed up on the ID only ten minutes after i left the precinct...
  Chalk one up for the Police i say --    :popo
  Alls well that ends well.....................................

« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 10:11:52 PM by aarrggh »

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: Thief or Not ??
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 07:41:13 PM »
I had a feeling that was what happened.  Your yard was the dumping ground.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt