Author Topic: I have an interview tomorrow!  (Read 8735 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I have an interview tomorrow!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 07:34:52 AM »
Congratulations.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 07:45:55 AM »
Congratulations Lophura, getting a job you enjoy in today's market is no small feat.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 08:23:08 AM »
Congratulations.  You are lucky to find a job that suits you so well.  But luck had little to do with it.  You are obviously the best candidate for the job they could ever hope for.  They are lucky to have you.  I know you will make the most of it.  Enjoy your time in the sunshine.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 09:48:26 PM »
Congratulations
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

adam_r_todd

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 02:01:59 PM »
Way to go!   O0

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 02:28:09 PM »
Congratulations.  I'm sure the hiring manager felt  your enthusiasm and was impressed.  I've done a lot of hiring (over the years) and from my perspective, eagerness counts for a lot.  I've hired people that were less qualified than other candidates, but had that fire in their gut.  When you find someone that is not only very qualfied but also has the eagerness going on, we've hit the jackpot.  Sounds like this guy hit the jackpot hiring you ...

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 07:53:02 PM »
Thanks all. It made me chuckle today. My older brother was bragging saying he gets paid more than I do. He gets paid $8.75 an hour but works like 8 hours a week so sure he makes more per hour but I make more in the long run because I will be doing 40 hour weeks. And he works at Jack in the box flipping burgers and frying stuff and he hates his job. I have a good feeling I will love my job and thats all that matters.

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 08:29:03 PM »
Congratulations!  O0

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 08:14:44 PM »
Well tomorrow is my first day! I am going to bed here pretty soon (8 pm pacific time) because I have to get up at around 4:30 in order to shower, shave, eat, and take care of the ducks. Then I have to be at the bus stop by 5:59 in order to get to work by 7:15 (sposed to be there at 7:30). So I am getting excited! Wish me luck, I'll report back here when I get home.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 08:19:06 PM »
You don't need luck ....  with your enthusiasm and attitude, success is guaranteed.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 07:00:57 AM »
Congratulations on the job.  Sounds like you will love the job, and you are a great fit for it.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 07:34:53 PM »
I had an amazing first day. It went great, they say there is tons to remember and all that but it all seemed very basic. I must have sold 30 dozen crickets and 20 pinkie mice. I was surprised at the 15 minute breaks and hour lunches, I am used to 10 minute breaks and 1/2 hour lunches. I fit it great and love the job so far. There is another Sly guy, he is the tech guy and we have the same lunch. He started the conversation about shaving and all, it was pretty cool. Then one of the other petroom guys buzzes his hair down, he said he is too lazy to razor it every day or whatever.
 The end of the day came way too soon it seems. When I clocked out the boss said I did great and was a natural and that most other new people dont get the hang of things as fast as I did.
 After 30 days I get a discount and after 180 days I get benefits and all that. I have Monday Tuesday off but since this week is a holiday week the shedule is all messed up so I have Monday and Wednesday off.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2009, 07:41:56 PM »
hey lophura:  that is gr8 news.  glad that your 1st day went smoooooth. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009, 08:35:16 PM »
After 30 days I get a discount and after 180 days I get benefits...
Don't want to be spoiler, but be careful with that discount.  You want to bring home a check and not a stub. Also, look very carefully at your benefits package.  It may seem like money wasted, but with the spiraling cost of healthcare, you will need them.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

slyatlast

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 08:57:32 PM »
Congratulations Lophura.  Glad your first day went so well - usually the first day is the roughest but it sounds like your positive attitude and energy will get you through anything.

I start a new job on Tuesday...hope mine goes as well.  After 30+ years in the workforce I'll be a government employee for the first time.  Today I received my agenda for the first day and it's making me a little nervous...lots of meetings with people in high places.