Author Topic: Best shave ever!  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
Best shave ever!
« on: August 28, 2009, 09:12:46 PM »
I debated posting this, but here goes.

I got the absolute best shave ever last night on both my head and face.  I had a bit of a headache when I got home from work, so I filled the bathtub with the hottest water possible and climbed in.  I often find that submergining my entire head (except nostrils of course) is the best wat to alleviate oncoming migraines.  (To keep the water from draining from the tub, I need to put my feet up on the wall.  Why can't they make more accommodating bathtub sizes?)

After 5-10 minutes of my head being submerged, I used 10 drops of Shave Secret massaged in real well and then covered with Zirh cream.  I used my standard Fusion to shave.  12 hours later, there was still no stubble.  I woke up with the smoothed head I have ever felt.

To make sure it was not a fluke of some sort, I did the same thing this evening using Headslick instead of Zirh.  Granted it has only been 5 hours, but still baby butt smooth.  Not even the hint of a single hair.  it might be my imaignation, but I think the shadow is even lighter.

Now, is it possible that one of the ingredients in Shave Secret causes the follicles to push the hair out slightly farther allowing for a closer shave?  That is the only reason I can think of for it being this close.  Regardless, I will never shave again without using Shave Secret as the base.  The feeling is just AWESOME!!!!

Offline Duffman

• Sly Jr.
  • Cue Ball extrordinaire
Re: Best shave ever!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 09:09:33 AM »
Marty, I think I have an answer.  Remember how when if you soak your hands and feet for a while in water they prune up?  It's because the interstitial fluid is being pushed out (homeostasis), causing the skin to shrink slightly (that's what causes the pruning).  When you soaked your head, the skin shrank slightly, causing the folicle to be slightly higher.  When your skin dried completely, the folicle was deeper. 
Maybe... anyone care to comment on my logic?
"Let not a man glory in this: that he loves his country, but rather let him glory in this: that he loves his kind"

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 09:49:48 AM »
Marty, I think I have an answer.  Remember how when if you soak your hands and feet for a while in water they prune up?  It's because the interstitial fluid is being pushed out (homeostasis), causing the skin to shrink slightly (that's what causes the pruning).  When you soaked your head, the skin shrank slightly, causing the folicle to be slightly higher.  When your skin dried completely, the folicle was deeper. 
Maybe... anyone care to comment on my logic?

I think you're on to something, and when you add the fact that hair absorbs water and becomes longer, the combination is the longed for "Baby Butt Dome."

Offline Duffman

• Sly Jr.
  • Cue Ball extrordinaire
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 09:14:02 PM »
Dually noted and agreed!  O0
"Let not a man glory in this: that he loves his country, but rather let him glory in this: that he loves his kind"

Enter your email address: