Author Topic: Buy my stuff... (shameless, aren't I?)  (Read 5922 times)

Offline Duffman

• Sly Jr.
  • Cue Ball extrordinaire
Buy my stuff... (shameless, aren't I?)
« on: August 25, 2009, 11:40:15 AM »
My wife has just recently started a home business making and selling authentic Japanese kimono, and we just posted our first one for sale.  Please check it out, if you're a SBG member, I can get you a discount!  We can do some custom work, and we will soon be posting guy's kimono for sale, but for now, show your lady you care with a beautiful handmade kimono!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29848266

"Let not a man glory in this: that he loves his country, but rather let him glory in this: that he loves his kind"

Offline aleutiancowboy

• Sly
Re: Buy my stuff... (shameless, aren't I?)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 02:04:25 PM »
Ain't got no lady to share it with  :'( but keep me posted will definetly be interested in one for me. My old one is getting worn out and I've been looking for a new one.
THERE ARE NO SMALL BRAINS JUST BIG HEADS

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 05:34:34 PM »
Exquisite!

Offline Duffman

• Sly Jr.
  • Cue Ball extrordinaire
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 07:13:08 PM »
Thanks guys for the positive feedback, we are working on a "his and hers" yukata set that features the same print for both kimono, but different colors... should be nice  :)
As far as the men's kimono, I keep trying to tell my wife that men want to buy them, too... she should make more, but she's kinda stubborn at times... (don't tell her I said that... lol)
"Let not a man glory in this: that he loves his country, but rather let him glory in this: that he loves his kind"

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 07:43:05 PM »
I'll tell my wife about your wife's kimono if you tell your wife about my wife's headbands....

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7480109
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Duffman

• Sly Jr.
  • Cue Ball extrordinaire
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 06:55:02 AM »
Those are absolutely adorable!  I wish I had a little girl to bestow such cutesy stuff upon!  If any of my friends had little girls, either, I would buy something for them... but alas, nobody has little girls right now  ???

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 07:41:27 AM »
Duffman, I have a little girl.... What?  Im a friend arent I?  lol

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 07:47:58 AM »
I'll tell my wife about your wife's kimono if you tell your wife about my wife's headbands....

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7480109

Cute stuff. Cute kids also. I wonder who their parents are...LOL

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 11:02:48 PM »

Cute stuff. Cute kids also. I wonder who their parents are...LOL

LOL!  One is my daughter (you should be able to figure that one out) and the others are either my nieces or god kids.  Yes, I have a very diverse family!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Duffman

• Sly Jr.
  • Cue Ball extrordinaire
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 09:27:07 PM »
Timmay, congrats on your wife's endeavor!  It takes Moxie to get that far, so awesomeness to her!
Second... you're only a friend if you buy a kimono... lol   :x!  j/k
On a positive note, my wife's first kimono was sold, and shipped out today!  Yay!  First step, now I just need all you guys to give ideas on what you want to see as far as fabric prints in men's yukata (even women's, if you're so inclined).  You don't need to buy one, but if you have ideas, please let us know!  TY!

See our (only one right now) selection on Etsy.com, search for Sakura No Yume, or just yukata in handmade goods.

Enter your email address: