Author Topic: Life Before SBG  (Read 6100 times)

marty22

Re: Life Before SBG
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 07:17:52 PM »
where is the next slycon?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 10:01:17 PM »
That's a cool pic!!  That was truly the SBG of the 20's.  Check out THIS LINK to learn about the history of that photo.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SultanofSwing86

• Sly
  • aha my razor
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 12:00:40 AM »
I like their objective:

"to promote and foster a sentiment of fraternity among those whose domes of thought protrude through and tower above the foliage that affords shade and adornment"  O0

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 06:07:16 AM »
I had to remove the drug lab and hydroponics setup.  Also had to soak the bloodstain out of the concrete from the suicide that I was not told about when I bought the place (also a murder in my bedroom). 

JUST DAMN!!   :o

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 07:26:36 AM »
Well, it was the place away from the girlfriend and when family visits, it is my hideaway from them. 

I bought the house three years ago and the only thing I have refinished is the basement.  I had to remove the drug lab and hydroponics setup.  Also had to soak the bloodstain out of the concrete from the suicide that I was not told about when I bought the place (also a murder in my bedroom). 

This doesn't sound like the Minneapolis/St. Paul I know--it's more like a CSI  stage set.  Maybe the drug lab was actually where they made up the lutefisk, and the blood stain was left over from someone who ate it and didn't have the genetic makeup to survive ;D ;D ;D.  That murder in the bedroom is heavy. 

Do man-caves in the area come w/ built in Mr. Coffee setups? >:D

adam_r_todd

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 07:28:28 AM »
That book sounds awesome.  I like Capps' quote: Baldness is just mind over matter.  It doesn't matter if the man doesn't mind.  Tru dat!  8)

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 10:21:39 AM »
I like their objective:

"to promote and foster a sentiment of fraternity among those whose domes of thought protrude through and tower above the foliage that affords shade and adornment"  O0

Awesome mission statement.  I love the legislature stating a bald man "being as radiantly happy as a fat man, was a blessing to the community."

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 10:27:28 AM »
This doesn't sound like the Minneapolis/St. Paul I know--it's more like a CSI  stage set.  Maybe the drug lab was actually where they made up the lutefisk, and the blood stain was left over from someone who ate it and didn't have the genetic makeup to survive ;D ;D ;D.  That murder in the bedroom is heavy. 

Do man-caves in the area come w/ built in Mr. Coffee setups? >:D

I live in a strange neighborhood.  Triple homicide at the other end of the block.  I should have perhaps researched more before I bought the house, but it was at the time $50k below market for the area.  Now I know why.  :)  The libraries have been more than helpful in acquiring old news articles to piece the information together.  It was much harder to get information on the suicide.  The cause of death on one of the certificates is "injury ulnar nerve."  They only handled marijuana and cocaine, so no worries with meth.

I have two different coffee makers.  One for espresso.  But I do not roast my own and nothing is built-in.  Thinking of going through the expense to make it a wet bar with potentially a range top.  Sort of a mini kitchenette.  Then if the parents ever move in, I the perfect place for me to live below ground.

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 10:34:09 AM »
That's a cool pic!!  That was truly the SBG of the 20's.  Check out THIS LINK to learn about the history of that photo.

Thanks Tyler!  Just picked up a copy of it for $7 so I can read the missing pages.

Enter your email address: