Author Topic: Reactions from other balding men  (Read 11829 times)

Offline hasting316

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Reactions from other balding men
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2009, 06:45:21 AM »
I shaved head is a sign of confidence. Let your bald flag fly!!!! O:O

Offline DDDeepdiver

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 01:49:09 PM »
I had the best reaction fro  m a balding guy the other day at work, he was walking behind me in the corridor and then came upto me and started rub the back of my head and said he was trying to figure out the future....

You're a very understanding guy, if he'd done that to me he would have woken up next week.   :x!

I would have to agree....that seems a little weird for a stranger to just rub your head.   :/O

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 01:56:54 PM »
Haven't seen this thread in a while! 
At a Halloween Party this year one of the guys I know that gave me the roughest time--in a friendly way though--when I did the deed a couple of years ago pulled me aside after I'd refreshed my cup and asked all kinds of questions, how often, do you cut yourself, is it hot in summer, cold in winter, lots of angles on the issue.  His wife, by the way, had really liked it when I did it, and that didn't please wifey at all! ;D ;D
Well, my take away is that he's thinking about it--he's mostly skin and totally white hair--lucky guy won't have any shadow to speak of >:(.  My guess is he'll be coming our way. 

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009, 01:33:07 PM »
A friend of mine - in the morning always comments "nice shin on top Richard" I return by saying "nice shine on you too- Jim" - - - - - - It is starting to get cold and I hate to wear a hat because I want to show off my  Bald  head 

Offline jam1e

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2010, 06:59:46 AM »
Hey Guys, hope you all had a happy new year!!
The main response I've had from balding men with the horse shoe look is one of envy.
The look you get is one of "I wish i had the balls to do that ".
Most of the men on my fathers side of the family are bald, but I'm the only sly one!
They all love the look but are too scared to do it! LOL!!

Offline surfboardnyc

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2010, 08:09:12 AM »
When I got out of the shower at my gym the other day, this "horse shoe" guy who was about my age gave me this really weird look.  Seemed like a mix of being angry and jealous.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2010, 11:04:17 AM »
Met a guy in Adams Market (who works there)  this morning who commented to me - - - - "You have a nicely shaved  noggin" - - - - - he said he has been looking  at my BALD head for the last few weeks - - - - -  and I said that I had been looking at your "horse shoe" and today you can hardly see  it   - - - - -    He told me he has  been trying to get a shave like mine - -and get rid of the  - -MPB - -"horse shoe"  - - -I told him the best way is to carry a razor in  his  back pocket and shave that "horse shoe" whenever it starts to appear - - -like I do  (I was only kidding)  - - -You would never see a "horse shoe" on me because I shave in the morning  just before shopping - - - - -  my hair is  light grey so you would not see a "horse shoe" on me unless I let it grow for a week or more - - -He said "Talk to me when you shop in the market"     We can talk  "BALD MANS TALK "    It was fun  - - -

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2010, 01:04:47 PM »
Two of my brothers (I have 5!) are balding (one has the "combover from Hell"), and can't figure out why I - who largely still had a full head of hair - would choose to shave his head.

They're just jealous but I look fabulous SLY!  :-D
MikeC

Offline BaldBear

• Bald, Bearded and Bear!
  • Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • "woof!"
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2010, 11:19:48 PM »
They're just jealous but I look fabulous SLY!  :-D

Yes you do!
Woof!
"The more hair I lose...the more head I get!"

Offline rabiddecoder

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2010, 12:09:54 AM »
I was wondering about the reactions that people had recieved from other men with balding heads?

My experience is very limited as I'm a new SLYguy.  Overwhelmingly, I get an enthusiastic "Thumbs up, way to hit it out of the park, bro!!" from our SLY brothers on the street.  From the other, less fortunate and obviously disempowered guys out there with the buzzed, horseshoe fringe who are fighting their balding tooth and nail, I get what I’d call a burning glaze of disapproval.  The SLY thinks it’s got a lot to do with choice.  I love my choice to be SLY and they can’t comprehend it.  In a word - jealousy.
-Owen

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 02:54:32 PM »
A friend of mine - in the morning always comments "nice shin on top Richard" I return by saying "nice shine on you too- Jim" - - - - - - It is starting to get cold and I hate to wear a hat because I want to show off my  Bald  head 

I have a one word solution for that dilemma...   ...PARKA...    When I lived in Chicago, I learned that when you wear a hood outside, you can flip it down as soon as you walk in the door, giving you maximum sly exposure time.  Also you don't have to worry about keeping track of your hat, since its attached to your collar...

Offline J.P.M. Polished

• Sly Jr.
  • Favorite T V companion. she keeps quiet
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2010, 03:52:14 AM »
I have had all kinda comments this time around lst few times it was really a high high high and tight but when I cut it down and donated it  this time  the MBP had set  it too much so Iam sly forever now but I had guy one night when we was working out side in the dark in a trailer last week ( Iam a LTL Truck driver )  one of my freinds said hey take your hat off so I can see the flash light is dieing out but I ahve had all types of reactions seeing how I go every place from Corprate offices down town  Charlotte to some ones house for deliverys , one old SLY Guy  I go to said ,,,what happen to you ? then took off his hat and laughed saying he ask the barber for a discount since he only had a hourse shoe and instead the baber said he should raise the rates for looking for it ,  but they are still good freinds he said instead  he still goes once every two months just to get a straight shave from him ..