Author Topic: What a great site!  (Read 5183 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: What a great site!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 09:05:15 PM »
Welcome!  I'm really glad you like the site and decided to join us.  I look forward to getting to know you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 09:24:37 PM »
Hey Baldredhead,

I could be wrong, but I am thinking that since your remaiing hair is red, you might not have much of a shadow when you shave your head.  That could possibly be an advantage to shaving you head too.  I also think you probably have a great head shape to pull off the shaved head look.  Get to it and see what you have been missing!

Offline baldredhead

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 06:11:37 AM »
Well, I reduced the beard to a goatee yesterday.  Neither my wife or daughter has noticed yet.  What does that tell you?  I'll see if anybody at the gym or my office notices.  I'm not sure I like it.  I've had the full beard for about 10 years so it may take a while to get used to something different.  I'm working on getting up the nerve to shave the head.  I'll keep you posted.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 07:41:26 AM »
 :) Welcome, Baldredhead. I think Marsh is right about your not having any shadow once you take the plunge. Just remember the sunscreen, as the warm weather comes on. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 08:19:25 AM »
Thanks for all the advice and words of encouragement.  I think I may start with my beard this weekend and see how things go.  I gotta admit, I really like the sly look.  I just have to convince myself that I can pull it off as well as you guys have.  I'll keep you all posted.

BRH....chances are you will look BETTER than some, most or ALL of us.

I hope you don't mind me being brutally honest....

Right now with that hair on the sides, you definitely look OLDER than 47...

If/When you shave the bean you will look YOUNGER than your years. O0

Offline ShavedDave

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 08:42:10 AM »
I have found that no matter how much or how little hair a guy has, it is most of the time a hard decision to shave all the way. Give it a try and hope you enjoy it. Been this way since Christmas and won't go back.
Welcome and keep us posted.
Rolling out the red carpet,
Best Regards,
Shaveddave

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 09:57:55 AM »
[ I've had the full beard for about 10 years so it may take a while to get used to something different.  I'm working on getting up the nerve to shave the head.  I'll keep you posted.
[/quote]

Hey Baldredhead!

As for having a full beard and shaved head, that is a look that can work too.  I too had a full beard for many years myself.  I think that if it is trimmed and kept short, it can look really good.  But then again, Medicineman has a great looking really full beard with the shaved head too.  Since you trimmed the beard to the goatee already, I would go ahead and proceed with the shaved head.  But after you get used to the shaved head, you can then grow back the full beard.  Just keep us in touch!

Enter your email address: