Author Topic: Hidden in the Undergrowth; Revealed by Shaving  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
Hidden in the Undergrowth; Revealed by Shaving
« on: August 15, 2009, 11:46:18 AM »
That is, pre-cancerous lesions, spotted by my dermatologist a couple of weeks back, said lesions blasted with liquid nitrogen yesterday.  When I say, "hidden in the undergrowth," I mean that I am BBC, and w/o the shave, these little darlings might have gone undetected.  Point?  It's a good idea to have the dome scoped out from time to time, whether you are MPB or BBC.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Hidden in the Undergrowth; Revealed by Shaving
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 12:12:32 PM »
It's good news they found them at that extremely early stage. O0

As a veteran of 8 skin cancers, basal and squamous, I have continuously advocated that the guys 1) wear sunscreen, and 2) have the skin doctor give you a good examination for any suspicious lesions even you don't notice.

Guys, this is serious--and there is absolutely NO EXCUSE if you have health insurance not to get screened, and if you don't, keep an eye out and suck it up and pay the doctor to look at anything that isn't totally normal.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 06:00:58 PM »
Good catch!  Man!

marty22

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 06:24:07 PM »
Once a year I visit my dermatologist. SOmthing is always frozen off yearly. Adn be careful of those brown aging spots my fellow pal from LI. I go in every 2-3 years years to have a few lasered. One skin cancer on my back 9 years ago (an innocent tiny pimple) scared me forever.